By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much have you spent on amiibo, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions, Skylander characters?

TomaTito said:

Yesterday I played Dimensions for the first time, not bad. While I initially didn't like the switching the tags place mechanic (it's overused when presented), it is interesting and was used better in the next levels. By now I've played all of these games and I like Infinity the least (feels empty without buying all those level packs), with Skylanders and Dimensions you can at least play through a whole game with the starter pack. And amiibo is just for collectors.

Last year I purchased two amiibo for myself, basicly for decorative issues, the Yoshi plush (40-price of the standalone game) and the 8bit Mario (10eur). Not much use for amiibo yet, I would have released it in another fashion. I blame Smash for the compatibility mayhem.

Years back, I also bought some Skylanders Swap Force/Trap Team for the family, think I spent 40eur on those. Game is not bad, but I did notice they didn't really play with them much so I stopped buying them more.

This is what helped me buy into Dimensions.  I don't want to feel like I'm being forced to buy extra chracters to finish a game.  I've bought them anyway because I'm more of a collector.  And having the choice to buy which character I want and when and whom I want to interact with makes it feel less restrictive as in contrast to not being able to use, for example, Thor on a Death Star or Tatooine during story mode.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

This is what helped me buy into Dimensions.  I don't want to feel like I'm being forced to buy extra chracters to finish a game.  I've bought them anyway because I'm more of a collector.  And having the choice to buy which character I want and when and whom I want to interact with makes it feel less restrictive as in contrast to not being able to use, for example, Thor on a Death Star or Tatooine during story mode.

I totally agree with that.  That's my biggest gripe with Disney Infinity.  I know that it doesn't make sense to have Spiderman shooting Stormtroopers, but games don't have to make sense.

I haven't bought Lego Dimensions yet, but from all of the toys-to-life games that I have played, I have to say that the Skylanders campaigns have also been the most fun.

DM235 said:
LivingMetal said:

I totally agree with that.  That's my biggest gripe with Disney Infinity.  I know that it doesn't make sense to have Spiderman shooting Stormtroopers, but games don't have to make sense.

I haven't bought Lego Dimensions yet, but from all of the toys-to-life games that I have played, I have to say that the Skylanders campaigns have also been the most fun.

I almost bought some of the Infinity 2.0 figs because I love Marvel.  If there were a Fantastic Four set, I'd collect the figs at the very least.  But the Skylander figs looked very intriguing, and I like the fantasy look over sci-fi.  But I have no emotional ties to them.

DM235 said:
LivingMetal said:

I think Patrick Warburton (Joe from Family guy) doing the voice of Flynn and Richard Horvitz (Dagett/Invader Zim) doing Kaos absolutely makes the games as fun as they are to play through.

George Takai being the villain robot in Giants was a great cameo voice too, was sad he didn't reprise the role for the Conquertrons short return in one of the final missions of Trap Team.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Bought infinity 2.0 avengers playset the other day for $5 as a way to introduce my 16 month old son into games

Around the Network

Spent £58 on Swapforce and 31 Skylanders a couple of months ago... haven't got round to really playing it yet...

LivingMetal said:

TomaTito said:

By now I've played all of these games and I like Infinity the least (feels empty without buying all those level packs), with Skylanders and Dimensions you can at least play through a whole game with the starter pack. And amiibo is just for collectors.

Dimensions is a mish-mash of the two other games. It offers a story mode like Skylanders but also has the Infinity level packs to sell on more toys and not just to collectors. One plus for Dimensions is that in the story you can hire helpers (other toys you might not have) with ingame currency, that's a nice touch. Didn't try the level packs, so I'm not sure how that works. Another plus is that you can actually play with the Lego toys.

Problem with Dimensions is present in other Lego games: you can get stuck not knowing what to do, and sometimes you don't even know what you are doing or how you did it.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

£0.00

I spend enough on gaming without converting to these types of games. Not that I have anything against them, I thing it's a good concept, especially for younger gamers but I just want to stick to my preferred genres.