By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much have you spent on amiibo, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions, Skylander characters?

PwerlvlAmy said:
anyone else have shovel knight preordered?

Yup, preparing to dispatch from Amazon UK actually

Around the Network
xwolf7 said:
I have 4 amiibos right now:

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Link
Toon Link

I probably have spended about $60, and i'm gonna buy some more like Cloud, Bayoneta and Ryu, and maybe a couple more after those.

Love your profile pic. 😘

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

got Ryu and Roy pre-ordered now :D

that only leaves Corrin,Bayonetta and Cloud for me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

pbroy said:
xwolf7 said:
I have 4 amiibos right now:

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Link
Toon Link

I probably have spent about $60, and i'm gonna buy some more like Cloud, Bayoneta and Ryu, and maybe a couple more after those.

Love your profile pic. 😘

Ahh Thx, that Zero Suit Bayonetta pic is really beautiful.

I love yours too!, btw who is she?

And for the upcoming amiibos my most anticipated one is Bayonetta :).

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

$0.00.

I stopped collecting stuff when I left home. I don't want to clutter my house with collectibles.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
So how do you guys feel when you buy these toys in the store? I actually felt a little embarrassed trying to buy a Tinkerbelle figure at GameStop and put it back. I need to borrow someone's kid to go with me and buy it. 😢

If you think about it the target audience is children, if you feel you are so massively out of that demograph the person selling it to you will just guess that you're buying it for a younger relative, or ya know what you could do when buying something from a gamestop? is not give a rats ass about what others think and enjoy the games you want to yourself :D That's what me and my partner do.

This was taken a good while ago, I know from our current save in Trap team on the ps4 that we have 93 unique Skylanders figures (many doubles for spec choices)

Since this pic the skylanders also have their own shelf and my 360/GC collections have both been alphabetised to make it easier to find games and find gaps in the GC collection, since I've got just under 200 games for the system I'm having a hard time finding titles that I'm missing from the collection now heh (this unit has 2 more rows under it of just GC games.

In terms of cost of the figures, I've no idea, we got all 32 original figures when that game came out so €10 or so x 32, all 8 giants at 20 on launch and then just no clue... so many more redesigns and new figures as the games poured out I couldn't even guess, also have the first 4 games on the X360, Spyros Adventure/Giants/swap force on the 3DS and now Trap Team on the PS4 so in terms of software alone I mean that's somewhere from 400-600euro considering that a few of the starter packs for consoles were maybe 70+ when they launched, the Dark Swap force guys set us back closer to 100.

Pbroy your question about where to jump in.... well if you head towards a games shop and go back a generation or 2 now you'll be able to get into the games for a fraction of the original cost, I mean Smyths Toys near us is selling copies of Trap Team for 10/15 euros for the Wii/Wii-u and some of the figures for as low as 2-5euros, I would say Trap team is a great starting point, if you don't want to go all the way back, if you have patience and don't mind being a little limited in the toys you can buy then get the original game first, best place to play it is probably on the X360 since the whole franchise is available there to the best of my knowledge, like... obviously Trap Team/Superchargers look lovely on the PS4/X1 but the older games aren't on the system.

Thing to note btw for a person interested in jumping in

- the toys are all forwards compatible, so if you get a figure from the Very first skylanders game it will perfectly be playable in the later games, all of them (some abilitys wont make sense tho since in the original skylanders only a few of the characters could venture into water and it wasn't until trap team that you could jump)

- The figures are completely cross platform, (the only exception is the DK and Bowser skylander/Amiibo Hybrids which come packed in with Superchargers on the Wiiu/3DS) So if you get a copy of the game on the X360 for the old titles, lvl up your characters, choose a spec for them, collect lots of gold, even put lovely TF2 rivaling hats on them you can lift that toy straight from the Xbox game and drop it onto a 3ds copy or ps4 and continue to lvl it up and use all their unlocked abilitys.

- The figures are (for the most part) not backwards compatible, if you get a toy from the 2nd game, putting on the portal with the first game inserted will only get you an error, the way you tell the figures apart is the base of the figure Spyros Adventure are Green, Giants are Orange, Swap force are Blue, Trap Team are Red and Super chargers are Engine block shaped (colour based on element of the figure).

side note, why I said mostly not backwards compatible, each new game often has new character figures, and some old reposed figures with extra abilitys, say.... Gill Grunt my favourite Figure has a figure in each game so far But going from left to right here you have the Vanilla character > giants S2 Gil > Anchors Away Gill from Swap force and Gil Runt from Trap team. The thing is, each new figure got a new extra end to their talent Tree, from multi giant harpoons to a vortex summoning Giant Anchor shot, but while each of these figures says on them that they do not work in the previous games.... they all do, you can take a Season 3 gill grunt and drop him into the first game, it will still recognise him as being a Gill figure, he wont have the extra talent since that didn't exist in the game, but you'll be able to run about play the game and collect exp and gold on the figure. (not 100% about gill runt in this regard... he is the same figure in every way, just smaller and higher pitched voice so he should work, but I've not tested it yet)

Also incase it isn't obvious, I love the series, and I'm happy to answer any questions about it as best I can, really can't recommend it enough as a game for couples, it really is the best way I've seen dlc done as a games collector it gets me right in the collecty heart for massive wallet damage :) Also from the above pic... I love WoW and taking insulin heh.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

xwolf7 said:
pbroy said:

Love your profile pic. 😘

She looks like Jeniffer Lopez :P

BayonettaHair said:
xwolf7 said:

Jennifer López would love to look like that tho :), not even close.

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

xwolf7 said:
BayonettaHair said:
xwolf7 said:

Jennifer López would love to look like that tho :), not even close.

Here you go buddy.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=212166

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

ganoncrotch said:

Well, thanks to your very insightful post. I jumped on a deal they were having at Gamestop for today only. They have the new Supercharger starter packs for $39 and you get a free starter pack of your choice for past games. Asked the employee there if the bases were interchangeable. He said no. Each version will only work for that version and for the console it was sold for. I found that hard to believe. So I followed the same scenario they work with Disney Infinity. I got an Xbone Supercharger set and a PS4 Trap Team set for everything else. Another employee told me the same thing when I was buying my Disney Infinity base. That they won't work on other games. It amazes me how little these kids know about gaming.

So, for $50 I got two starter sets, with bases that could work with almost all the consoles I have and a Kaos Trophy. Will buy a 360 base later on so I can get those Achievements too.

Not in a rush to buy characters now. Still have my Infinity collection to finish.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER