By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much have you spent on amiibo, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions, Skylander characters?

Zero, but not due to lack of interest, rather a fear of knowing the rabbit hole I'd go down if I started buying them.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
So how do you guys feel when you buy these toys in the store? I actually felt a little embarrassed trying to buy a Tinkerbelle figure at GameStop and put it back. I need to borrow someone's kid to go with me and buy it. 😢

Considering you could be buying them as a gift for a kid, there's really no reason to feel embarrassed buying them. Maybe I'm just weird though; the only time I found myself embarrassed at a store by a purchase was when I accidentally bought hentai. (Was just getting into anime at the time, and apparently didn't look too close at all at that Dragon Pink DVD I put in the pile. Wondered why the 20-ish woman gave me a long, hard look when checking me out. Worst part was, I was too embarrassed to return it.)

I haven't touched those kind of games. I don't want to spend my money on plastic figures.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

0, from the time the ones I wanted were impossible to find, I gave up on them.

I have 4 amiibos right now:

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Link
Toon Link

I probably have spent about $60, and i'm gonna buy some more like Cloud, Bayoneta and Ryu, and maybe a couple more after those.

Edit: Sorry for the mistype :P.

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

Around the Network

just got my pre-order for Lucas on Amazon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
just got my pre-order for Lucas on Amazon

Is that supposed to be a rare exclusive one or something? You're making me want to get it now. 😒

Do you also have the Twilight Princess bundle with the  Wolf Link/Midna amiibo pre-ordered? I actually had that one ordered and forgot I did, till you brought this up. 😆 I feel good about it cuz its sold out now.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

mario and kirby amiibo for 50 obamas.

pbroy said:
painmaster212 said:
Around $1100 on just Amiibos. I own every Amiibo released here in the states so around 80 Amiibos including the 3 packs (each one comes with 3 Amiibos), Mega Yarn Yoshi ($40 by itself) and the 3 colored Yarn Yoshis which cost alittle more then a normal amiibo.

Yeah it has been a costly hobby D:

That's an insane amount of money just to have them all! Do you just collect them or actually use them? I bought a used set of Infinity characters to play with and a couple of new cheap ones to stash away. 

I just collect them. I have had some friends/family buy me ones as gifts and I would mess around with them on Smash Bros though. Should have never started collecting them but when I went to a Gamestop midnight release for some game and they had them out on display because they released the next day..... I took the entire first set home with me and have kept going ever since haha

Nothing

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.