By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much have you spent on amiibo, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions, Skylander characters?

painmaster212 said:
Around $1100 on just Amiibos. I own every Amiibo released here in the states so around 80 Amiibos including the 3 packs (each one comes with 3 Amiibos), Mega Yarn Yoshi ($40 by itself) and the 3 colored Yarn Yoshis which cost alittle more then a normal amiibo.

Yeah it has been a costly hobby D:

That's an insane amount of money just to have them all! Do you just collect them or actually use them? I bought a used set of Infinity characters to play with and a couple of new cheap ones to stash away. 

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Between Skylanders and Amiibos, definitely more than $400

DM235 said:
Probably close to $500 CAD (or about $3 USD with today's exchange rates), although I haven't been keeping track.

Most of it is for Skylanders, as my kids have the first 4 games (the were not interested in the latest one), and about 50 characters.

We also have about 15 Disney Infinity characters (mostly Disney originals), and 2 Amiibo.

After I realized what a money pit these things were, I stopped buying them at full price, so that helped minimize the damage to my wallet.

I'm thinking about getting some Skylanders to mess around with. But there are so many, I wouldn't know where to start.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

So how do you guys feel when you buy these toys in the store? I actually felt a little embarrassed trying to buy a Tinkerbelle figure at GameStop and put it back. I need to borrow someone's kid to go with me and buy it. 😢

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I have 11 amiibos, some more expensive than others and some which I got as gifts so I probably spent about $150 or so on them.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
So how do you guys feel when you buy these toys in the store? I actually felt a little embarrassed trying to buy a Tinkerbelle figure at GameStop and put it back. I need to borrow someone's kid to go with me and buy it. 😢

Hardly ever felt embarrassed about it. Sometimes I don't think about it when I make the purchases. I've bought weirder things before and didn't feel embarrassed at all, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
pbroy said:

Hardly ever felt embarrassed about it. Sometimes I don't think about it when I make the purchases. I've bought weirder things before and didn't feel embarrassed at all, haha...

The most embarrassing thing to buy are condoms. One time the lady at the register at Walmart put the box up in the air really high so everyone could see what I was buying. Ever since then, I order them online. Sometimes you just cant wait though. 👫

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
Cloudman said:

The most embarrassing thing to buy are condoms. One time the lady at the register at Walmart put the box up in the air really high so everyone could see what I was buying. Ever since then, I order them online. Sometimes you just cant wait though. 👫

Haha, that is true. I would likely be embarrassed as well, but then again, it is natural. So I wouldn't mind it as much x D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

However many 22 amiibos cost, then add 3 more as I'll end my amiibo collection with Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.

painmaster212 said:
O-D-C said:
700-800 dollars. I have all amiibo save Mega Yarn Yoshi

There's around 80 Amiibo currently (counting the 3 packs) and if you done the math at the base amiibo price then you already got over $1000 in them. I have them all currently with my Shovel Knight just being shipped out today so I know the pain of being in the Amiibo collecting hobby haha.

That's... depressing. They are even more expensive here in Canada - $16.99 for an amiibo / $44.99 for a 3 pack and  Mega Yarn Yoshi (of which we got like 2) is $59.99