By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story 2 or Pandora's Tower 2?

Which would you most like a sequel to?

The Last Story 125 75.76%

Pandora's Tower 40 24.24%

Total:165

Last Story has so much potential. So much more you can do with the combat, the story, and making the world more open. Pandora's tower is sort of built for the wiimote, i'm not really sure how you would do it without using the wiimote as the main controller or drastically changing the game. Pandora's tower did a good job exploring what you could do with the wiimote with fighting and puzzles, i feel like a sequel is not necessary.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Porcupine_I said:
Pandoras Tower 2

...because The Last Story 2 would make no sense

Just like how the Final Fantasy series doesn't make sense either...? ; )

Though I honestly thought about picking PTower 2 as well, just so the Last Story really can be the last story...

Well, i suppose they could go the FF route and make another game in a completely different world with completely different characters.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Cloudman said:

Just like how the Final Fantasy series doesn't make sense either...? ; )

Though I honestly thought about picking PTower 2 as well, just so the Last Story really can be the last story...

Well, i suppose they could go the FF route and make another game in a completely different world with completely different characters.

Yeah, they could do that and I would totally be fine with it. That's likely why I have a hard time picking between the 2 games. I would be happy with either one. x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hard question, I want them both but if I'd have to choose, it would be Pandora's Tower 2.

The Last Story is an excellent game. But in my DREAM world, Mistwalker would make a new exclusive RPG for NX, that had more of a Final Fantasy flavor to it, meaning classic turn based system AND the more SNES-like fantasy setting, versus the HEAVY anime factor that's been going on in most JRPG's, including FF games, since FFVII.

It would be neat to get something that was a bit more "classic Sakaguchi". I'd buy it in a second.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
The Last Story is an excellent game. But in my DREAM world, Mistwalker would make a new exclusive RPG for NX, that had more of a Final Fantasy flavor to it, meaning classic turn based system AND the more SNES-like fantasy setting, versus the HEAVY anime factor that's been going on in most JRPG's, including FF games, since FFVII.

It would be neat to get something that was a bit more "classic Sakaguchi". I'd buy it in a second.

I remember a whie back, Nobuo Uematsu and Hironobu Sakaguchi were talking about wanting to do a 2D RPG with the Final Fantasy VI team and how they thought there was a lot more they could have done with that setting.  Maybe someday, Nintendo could give them the funds to make a 'Last Story 2' that's basically 'not-FFVI'.

I'll echo what some have already said; I liked both games, but The Last Story has more room for growth, and I'd more inclined to buy TLS2 anyway since I of the two Wii originals, I enjoyed it more.

Both great games, but I can see the lore of The Last Story being far more easy to expand than Pandora's Tower. The cover and changing of the environment mechanic would probably be way easier to realize on a bigger scale. Pandora's Tower is pretty much Castlevania in gameplay but with its own story.

I'm more drawn to jrpgs, so I gotta go Last Story 2.

Of course both would be the best option.

last story 2 in n3ds :)

Pandora's tower probably doesn't need a sequel, but I'd take a remake with far better graphics eventually.
Last story 2 has more room for a sequel