By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any1 know how this week's sales is shaping? Will price cut --> xbox360>ps3?

Any1 has input?

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

Around the Network

PS3>360 WW... since last year, I believe.

as for US number, it's too close to call, I'd wait for NPD's number.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think that it will still be PS3>360 in others, but it will be closer than last week... If it is 360>PS3 then it won't last as GT5P will make sure PS3 numbers skyrocket for next week :D

I think vgchartz is overtracking the 360 again in the U.S, but its just my thought not fact.

Anyhow, Im not going to say No, but I will say its highly unlikely.

mM

probably

360>Ps3 this week

but the week after due to Gt 5 prologue in EU

PS3>>360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
PS3>360 WW... since last year, I believe.

as for US number, it's too close to call, I'd wait for NPD's number.

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately.  The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

NPD may have more data sources, but ioi clearly has a better grasp on market trends and data analysis.

NPD is the Michael Pachter of sales numbers. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

+1 starcraft

leo-j said:
I think vgchartz is overtracking the 360 again in the U.S, but its just my thought not fact.

Anyhow, Im not going to say No, but I will say its highly unlikely.

You think? I'm sure VGC is overtracking 360 and under tracking PS3 when compared to NPD numbers and MS/Sony press releases.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

eliasg said:
+1 starcraft

I like you.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^ I bet you do ;)