By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any1 know how this week's sales is shaping? Will price cut --> xbox360>ps3?

Squall_Leonhart said:
^ I bet you do ;)

Sexually.

Wait what? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

LOL! Utter filth :D

Hehehe.

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
PS3>360 WW... since last year, I believe.

as for US number, it's too close to call, I'd wait for NPD's number.

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately.  The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

NPD may have more data sources, but ioi clearly has a better grasp on market trends and data analysis.

NPD is the Michael Pachter of sales numbers. 

lol @ startcraft

ioi + VGC + 1% sample > professionals + NPD + 60% sample

VGChartz cannot be as accurate as NPD, it's simply impossible. What makes VGC good is that ioi keeps adjusting data giving us a good idea of overall sales. So any data from VGC over 3 months old is pretty accurate but the more recent data is not always the most accurate (pretty good but not as good as NPD).

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately. The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

NPD may have more data sources, but ioi clearly has a better grasp on market trends and data analysis.

lol @ startcraft

VGChartz cannot be as accurate as NPD, it's simply impossible. What makes VGC good is that ioi keeps adjusting data giving us a good idea of overall sales. So any data from VGC over 3 months old is pretty accurate but the more recent data is not always the most accurate (pretty good but not as good as NPD).

What i'm telling you isn't opinion, its fact.  Say what you want about weekly data, but VGC had more accurate hardware than NPD in the last quarter of 2007.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
krik said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately. The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

lol @ startcraft

What i'm telling you isn't opinion, its fact.  Say what you want about weekly data, but VGC had more accurate hardware than NPD in the last quarter of 2007.

Oh really? How do you know that? 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I don't think there is any scenario in Eu/Others that will allow the 360 to outsell the PS3, not even by a few hundred.
The 360 is majorly marketed and aimed at North American males and that strategy leaves it vulnerable in other regions of the world.
Sadly for Microsoft, their console does not have the mass appeal required to outsell its competitors worldwide no matter how high NA sales would be.

And about the numbers; the latest reports and press material from the companies themselves (Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft) do not match Vgchartz numbers at all. Especially the 360, it seems to be nearly 1-1.5 million units too high in NA, which is a very significant difference imo.
We'll see either way how the pricecut in Eu/Others impact sales longterm, which is what a pricecut should do, not only for a few weeks.

it's pretty extreme to say there isn't any scenario

after all, it's actually decently likely this week due to the price cut...and obv with a scenario of a bigger price cut or where gta dlc for 360 is cheap AND very very good there is a chance as well

ps3 is majorly marketed and aimed at hardcore gamers and that strategy leaves it vulnerable to the other 98% of the world...see, i can do that too!

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Why would GTA IV push more 360's than PS3's in EU/Others?
And aiming a console at hardcore gamers globally certainly seems more sound than aiming it at one nation, so you really couldn't do that too.

I think the PS3 will be on top despite the european 360 price cut.

I think some people will disappointed, and that the price cut wont have any large effect on european market. It may reach within the range space of 10.000 between the PS3 and 360.

Anyway, Im very interested how it will turn out next week. We should know by Tuesday.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.