By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any1 know how this week's sales is shaping? Will price cut --> xbox360>ps3?

krik said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
PS3>360 WW... since last year, I believe.

as for US number, it's too close to call, I'd wait for NPD's number.

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately.  The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

NPD may have more data sources, but ioi clearly has a better grasp on market trends and data analysis.

NPD is the Michael Pachter of sales numbers. 

lol @ startcraft

ioi + VGC + 1% sample > professionals + NPD + 60% sample

VGChartz cannot be as accurate as NPD, it's simply impossible. What makes VGC good is that ioi keeps adjusting data giving us a good idea of overall sales. So any data from VGC over 3 months old is pretty accurate but the more recent data is not always the most accurate (pretty good but not as good as NPD).

Common sense makes me agree with Krik. Of course it's possible that vgchartz is closer to the real numbers sometimes but that has to be the exception not the rule.

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

Around the Network

Here's the case. WIll VGC predict xbox outselling PS3 for 3 months in a row in March? While NPD shows the complete oppose?

Prediction is about adjusting itself constantly so the next time you will get it closer. But apparently, nobody here thinks PS3 can outsell xbox in NA, even though data overwhelming states otherwise.

Starcraft will continue to bash NPD even with their overwhelming data and industry proven method, not to mention widly respectable reputation, gebx will ban people base on VGC number.. and the same people will whine when NPD shows PS3 infact outsold xbox in March... again.

and then all this continues again..

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

RE: NPD vs VGC and last few months.

If I'm not mistake, but wasn't NPD proven wrong and VGC proven right over the holidays when the 3 companies released their year end statements?

I think all of you will once again be proven wrong in April when the Fiscal year end stuff comes out.

Xbox360> ps3 europe+ America
Ps3> Xbox360 Europe+ America+ Japan

That's my prediction

No...If ps3 sales were around 70,000 and 360's were around 45,000 before the price drop...and the 360 saw a 40% boost (which is way too high outside the UK...but I'll use it anyhow to give the 360 the benefit of the doubt)

45,000 X 1.40 = 63,000 which is still less than the ps3 in Europe.

However, WW, the 360 might edge out the ps3 for 1 to 2 weeks depending on America, but I doubt it because of Japan. Plus, the ps3 has actually been outselling the 360 in NA for the last 2 months because of "supply" issues. So this shouldn't influence the WW sales too much either--just narrow the gap for a week or two until GT5:P hits Europe.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

krik why are you here on this website if you have no or few faith in the numbers?

get lost please

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

kingofwale said:
Here's the case. WIll VGC predict xbox outselling PS3 for 3 months in a row in March? While NPD shows the complete oppose?

Prediction is about adjusting itself constantly so the next time you will get it closer. But apparently, nobody here thinks PS3 can outsell xbox in NA, even though data overwhelming states otherwise.

Starcraft will continue to bash NPD even with their overwhelming data and industry proven method, not to mention widly respectable reputation, gebx will ban people base on VGC number.. and the same people will whine when NPD shows PS3 infact outsold xbox in March... again.

and then all this continues again..

you as well king of trolls

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

krik said:
starcraft said:
krik said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately. The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

NPD may have more data sources, but ioi clearly has a better grasp on market trends and data analysis.

lol @ startcraft

VGChartz cannot be as accurate as NPD, it's simply impossible. What makes VGC good is that ioi keeps adjusting data giving us a good idea of overall sales. So any data from VGC over 3 months old is pretty accurate but the more recent data is not always the most accurate (pretty good but not as good as NPD).

What i'm telling you isn't opinion, its fact. Say what you want about weekly data, but VGC had more accurate hardware than NPD in the last quarter of 2007.

Oh really? How do you know that?

Shipment figures.....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kylw said:
krik said:
starcraft said:
kingofwale said:

I don't know why people have any great faith in NPD hardware lately. The most recent shipment figures indicate that VGC was more accurate during the holiday season than NPD was.

lol @ startcraft

Common sense makes me agree with Krik. Of course it's possible that vgchartz is closer to the real numbers sometimes but that has to be the exception not the rule.

In general of course Krik is correct.  Contrary to KingofWale's sensationalist claims, I am not implying that VGC has ever, or will ever be more accurate than NPD on a regular basis.

I am simply pointing to one instance in which it was.  It may have simply been luck, but it happened.  It is most certainly not "impossible."

Besides, if you become a member of VGC, subconsciously your clearly attributing it's numbers a level of credibility. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Great another thread about NPD vs. VGC. Anothe rmonth has passed where VGC has undertracked PS3; next month will show the same. Obviously something is wrong here.
ON topic, i doubt 360 will take the WW sales over PS3 this week but it might be close if the pricecut worked.