By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week 52 2015 (Dec 21-27)

What was the last IP the hit Splatoon like numbers in its first calendar year?

Around the Network
retroking1981 said:

Excluding the Huge Franchises like Pokemon/MH/etc? Or are you talking new ip? If its the latter than nothing this gen. YW is the closes thing but it legs happened a little after in launch with the anime appearing. (technically it hit over a million however in under a year so i guess YW is the answer!)

retroking1981 said:

if Wii Party doesn't count as a new IP, then the original Onimusha back in 2001.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

2014 vs 2015 christmas week

3DS - 218,351 - 160.,447
WiiU - 48,927 - 101,122
PSV - 40,523 - 66,069
PS4 - 30,145 - 60,330
XOne - 815 - 479

OttoniBastos said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Why didn't they buy SMT FE?

FE fanbase is on 3DS

SMT fanbase is mostly on 3DS

Persona fanbase(which,lets face it,this game is trying to pander to) is mostly on Playstation.

I don't get it

Despite the smaller userbase, 3DS and WiiU shares the same audience. I mean, who bought Fire Emblem on the 3DS would buy Fire Emblem on WiiU too

#FE bombing just doesn't make any sense to me, I guess this the Tomb Raider scenario?

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Bofferbrauer said:
So my 25k prediction for Ginei Ibunroku #FE wasn't far off as I see. Too bad it didn't do better. Curiously, the game is going upwards, not downwards on the Amazon Wii U charts, so the drop next week might be pretty small.

And with these numbers, 2015 almost managed to catch up with 2013 Wii U numbers. Really insane how Splatoon und SMM managed to turn the ship around after the horrible Winter and Spring seasons Wii U had this year

week 53 is still there, it could beat 2013 (it wont). i'm just saying there is a chance.

I think it will do it

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Lafiel said:
fedfed said:
Those numbers are very good. Nintendo has owned the Holidays in Japan and next week it should be holding on quite well in Japan correct?

hm.. not too sure about that

yes japanese kids get money for new year which results in high video game sales for the next ~2 weeks, but afaik the last years this usually boosted Sony devices much more than it did Nintendo devices - Nintendo seems to peak around christmas

Well that has indeed been the usual, though of course, this time around there is a element that has caused quite a number of surprises, Splatoon, seeing if it can also affect the upcoming two weeks in favor of Nintendo, would be interesting, and highly possible.  So this time, Sony may not easily lead those two weeks as the past years,

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Great sales for Nintendo, but a shame that Genei Ibun Roku #FE didn't do better :(

Hopefully it has legs.

Nice YOY improvement for Wii U and PS4. Both 2x over last year. Vita saw a nice increase, too.

Goodnightmoon said:

WiiU +100k LOL

Is very sad to see #FE flopping this way, however it looks like it has sold half of the stock 

So looks like Atlus was not expecting big sales anyway.

You do realise that Atlus set their expectations long before retailers take their orders.  Sure they would have known a week ago this was going to be a big flop but their initial expectations would have been a lot higher.  

All you can take from that 50% sell through is that the game only got half way through the already low retailer expectations.