By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week 52 2015 (Dec 21-27)

Kresnik said:

Wii U and Vita both +20k WoW, really impressive.  Especially for WiiU since it broke that 100k barrier.

Some great software sales all round too, especially the leggy stuff on 3DS & WiiU.  And Minecraft just under 50k!  It only sold 37k in launch week, rofl.

Also, some not-so-good software.  Mainly #FE, which I expected to do badly and still did terribly.  Audience mis-match at its finest.

Also, a couple of others that I made comparisons for:

3DS Medabots 7: Metabee / Rokusho 60,285 / 107,751
3DS Medabots Dual: Metabee / Rokusho 19,839 / 48,453
3DS Medabots 8: Metabee / Rokusho 35,915 / 52,838
3DS Medarot 9: Kabuto / Kuwagata 21.735 / ???

Selling slightly more than a spinoff, lol, disaster.

PSV Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny 40,038 / 65,767
PSV Gundam Breaker 32,115 / 59,365
PSV Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn 44,889 / 96,021
PSV Gundam Breaker 2 54,608 / 131,979
PSV Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force 69.985 / ???

Best opening for a Vita Gundam yet, but will have no legs thanks to overshipment and should've done a lot better being from the Vs. series.

You got to remember it only had 2 days of tracking for #fe. If it would have had a whole week i think it could have done 50k which is a respectable amount. 

Soundwave said:

I guess one of the lessons Nintendo is going to have learned this generation is they need to be more willing to try new franchises and to really put actual marketing/effort behind them.

The Wii U is not going to be a success for them, even in Japan, but Splatoon is showing them that betting everything on Mario Kart + Smash every time was not a sound strategy.

I feel its more likely that Splatoon 2 will be out very early in the NX cycle in part because of the Japanese market. 

this

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

You got to remember it only had 2 days of tracking for #fe. If it would have had a whole week i think it could have done 50k which is a respectable amount. 

Oh my god.  I had forgotten this was still a thing, haven't heard it for so long.  I guess you only signed up in August of this year so you haven't seen, time and time again, that it doesn't really matter.  Especially for a game like this which will be front loaded.

But lets wait until next week and see if it reaches your 50k prediction then, lol.

Hopefully the mediocre sales of SMTxFE doesn't mean that they're going to ship a small amount out here in the west. I genuinely hope this isn't the Panzer Dragoon Saga of the Wii U

OneKartVita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

WiiU +100k LOL

Is very sad to see #FE flopping this way, however it looks like it has sold half of the stock 

So looks like Atlus was not expecting big sales anyway.

You do realise that Atlus set their expectations long before retailers take their orders.  Sure they would have known a week ago this was going to be a big flop but their initial expectations would have been a lot higher.  

All you can take from that 50% sell through is that the game only got half way through the already low retailer expectations. 

No, half of the stock in one week means the games has fall into the expectations of the company even if the expectation were low because pre-orders.

And they couldnt be expecting big sales for a game like this anyway, it does not look like FE, it does not look like SMT, it doesnt have the fanbase of those games on the console anyway and wiiu is not plenty of weebo jrpgs like other consoles (this is the first one), so its pretty obvious the audience was not there, so their initial expectations must have been very low anyways. Otherwise it would have been totally delusional to think this game could have sold more than twice of what it sold on the first week, totally delusional.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 November 2018

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Miyamotoo said:
100k for Wii U in single weak in Japan alone!? Amazing!
Splatoon and MM doing great like usualy.
FE bombed hard.

3D hit 20m LT and Wii U will hit 3m LT with next week.

It sold roughly 50% of its stock, not amazing but I wont consider that a flop.

For a JRPG, that's really bad. You expect JRPGs to at best double their first week sales. The game did terribly. I thought for sure it would break 30k (which is still really bad).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SMT x FE flopped hard.

NSS7 said:
2014 vs 2015 christmas week

3DS - 218,351 - 160.,447
WiiU - 48,927 - 101,122
PSV - 40,523 - 66,069
PS4 - 30,145 - 60,330
XOne - 815 - 479

Thanks for posting this. Great YOY increases for Wii U and PS4. PSV is modest, and the 3DS was never going to match last year's numbers. Not bad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Looks like Wii U did won the HC battle this month in Japan. 3DS is absolutely amazing for a 5 years old system... really impressive. Needless to say that Splatoon and SMM and other leggy stuff are doing amazingly well.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kresnik said:
Reserved.

Will we get Dengeki tomorrow?