By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week 52 2015 (Dec 21-27)

Shadow1980 said:
Media Create fashionably late again.

We won't get MC numbers before january because of holidays

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Will we get Dengeki tomorrow?

I doubt it.

Hey guys, any idea how many copies did Mario Party 10 sold ? We know it sold more than 159k as of Juny 2015 but I don't find any other numbers for the end of the year.

if these numbers were like this all year round...

Very good numbers for WiiU and PS4. X1 should be discontinued in Japan.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
OneKartVita said:

You do realise that Atlus set their expectations long before retailers take their orders.  Sure they would have known a week ago this was going to be a big flop but their initial expectations would have been a lot higher.  

All you can take from that 50% sell through is that the game only got half way through the already low retailer expectations. 

No, half of the stock in one week means the games has fall into the exectations even iof the expectation were lower because pre-orders.

And they couldnt be expecting big sales for a game like this anyway, it does not look like FE, it does not look like SMT, it doest have the fanbase of those game son the console anyway. 

They don't set their expectations in the last few weeks when retailers are ordering according to demand.  The game flopped and it's sell through wasn't even good.  They definitely expected to sell more than what they did.  A lot more by the looks of the games production quality. 

AZWification said:
retroking1981 said:
What was the last IP the hit Splatoon like numbers in its first calendar year?

if Wii Party doesn't count as a new IP, then the original Onimusha back in 2001.

Thats really impressive  but mind boggling when you consider its on Wii U with an install base of 2.5-3m.

Edwardooo said:
Hey guys, any idea how many copies did Mario Party 10 sold ? We know it sold more than 159k as of Juny 2015 but I don't find any other numbers for the end of the year.

We should get a Top 500 or 1000 sometime at the end of the year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If Nintendo releases NX in 2016 it would be the dumbest thing to do right now.

tbone51 said:
retroking1981 said:
What was the last IP the hit Splatoon like numbers in its first calendar year?

Excluding the Huge Franchises like Pokemon/MH/etc? Or are you talking new ip? If its the latter than nothing this gen. YW is the closes thing but it legs happened a little after in launch with the anime appearing. (technically it hit over a million however in under a year so i guess YW is the answer!)

So YW was the last and MH was between that and Onimusha right? Still Onimusha was the last new console IP to break 1m on its first iteration.

Basically Splatoon is going down a storm in its native Japan. Nice to see new IP doing well.