By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii's Production will be upped to at least 2.3mil/month by Apr

I doubt nintendo will increase production much mabey to 20M per year they will instead maintain price to regulate demand to 20Mill and reap more profit that way too - the consoles playing catch up and selling hardware at break-even or a loss ie 360 and ps3 will need to continue to reduce price to get more units out to sell more software.

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network

If Nintendo is producing 1.8 million a month then it would take a number of months to raise production to 2.3 million, no way by april. No doubt they'll increase it though.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

First, I'd like to say that I don't believe Nintendo will be ahead of the X360 by June in America.  However, it is plausible, but it won't be from a production ramp up (especially not of 27%).  Instead it could happen if Nintendo does a relaunch of the Wii when they release WiiFit.  They are pushing Wii Fit hard.  And it's hard not to notice that Nintendo sells about 1.2 M a month when they are supposedly producing 1.8M a month.  As such, they may have a huge relaunch on 5/19 and if they sell 600k-1,000k then it's doable.  Again, not predicting this, I actually think it is unlikely.  But if it's going to happen, this is the way it'll happen.

stephen700 said:
I doubt nintendo will increase production much mabey to 20M per year they will instead maintain price to regulate demand to 20Mill and reap more profit that way too - the consoles playing catch up and selling hardware at break-even or a loss ie 360 and ps3 will need to continue to reduce price to get more units out to sell more software.

well, you doubt wrong. Nintendo already stated in their financial reports that they are producing 1.8m a month. So they are producing ~21.6m a year. I would not be shocked if they up it to ~27m unit a year.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

dsoverpsp said:
well considering the GTAIV release, I expect the increase to be at 2.5 million a month

Dont forget wii fit, if Nintendo is going to bring wii fit to America they have to solve the shortage problem

Around the Network

kingofwale said:

yeah, take a 1 week ban if you are up for it. Put it in your sig so I won't forget.

Whose number are we going to use? VGC? NPD? So you say they will beat it at the beginning of June? 

1 week ban for loser

vgchartz will have total ltd for Americas for Wii > total ltd for Americas for 360 as of the week containing the last day of June.

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
stephen700 said:
I doubt nintendo will increase production much mabey to 20M per year

they are already making 21.6mil/year, so u are already wrong about them only going to 20mil

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I think reggie is overestimating demand for the wii.

Thats just my opinion for the situation.

mM
NintendoMan said:
If Nintendo is producing 1.8 million a month then it would take a number of months to raise production to 2.3 million, no way by april. No doubt they'll increase it though.

my prediction is that they have already made plans to do so...they just haven't announced it yet...they will ANNOUNCE it in April with fiscal year report, but they already made the plans a few months ago...it takes a few months from when u start the process, not from when u announce it

Predictions:

leo-j said:
I think reggie is overestimating demand for the wii.

Thats just my opinion for the situation.

demand would have 10 million wiis sold in US in 1 month if they shipped that much

Predictions: