By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii's Production will be upped to at least 2.3mil/month by Apr

I think Ninetndo can meet the demand if the fans, they just need to stop oversending to EU and JAP, they have too many game systems as is. the NA s where the game is games needed. once NA is fine all the world will be finms and Nintendo can stop the production of more wii's, i thinlk they can ship 1.8 and be find in the world if the manage right.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Comparing holiday sales to the rest of the year is highly faulty, and I never abide by such logic. Everything moves rapidly during the holidays, even expensive TV sets or stereo's.
To me, it is no more rational saying that demand is twice the supply than saying it is just above supply, especially when two of the maajor markets are well fed and seem to have ample supply.
There are very few places in Europe you won't find a Wii now, even the UK has gotten their supply lines relatively straight it seems.
Why would North Americans buy 3-4 or even 5 times as many as Europe (who house twice as many people) or Japan who seem to be absolutely crazy about the Wii?
It makes little sense to me, and as a product manager like it says in your job description, I expected more logical and realistic deduction than this.

WiiFit sales in NA will depend heavily on marketing, but I don't believe we'll see staggering sales in Europe/Others no matter how well marketed it is, Nintendo has only a loose hold on the market there right now, and things will turn against them when their competition get massive hits this summer. Hits from proven franchises and games that dev's know from before will sit well with European citizens, the Wii has Mario Kart to answer with, a solid hit itself for sure, but only one title against a horde. (I know there are plenty other Wii titles bound for release this year, but I can't imagine anything of MK's proportions).

With WiiFit, even more so than Wii Sport, could open a new market group (for consoles that is), namely the adult female, if the marketing is done right.  They don't need to get a large % of gamers to buy the first round of it, just enough to add to the other groups that will buy it as well.  

Of course, I fear that the balance board will either have medium size hits at best, for the skateboard, snowboard, etc, appealing to the more hardcore niche of those sports, or more mini-games, which while they can be decried, bring in more people by having a bit of something for everyone.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

StarcraftManiac said:
dsoverpsp said:
^what r u talking about???? The Wii is easily selling the units shipped - the rest not shipped are being saved

I'm really sorry dude... But these are the WW Wii-sales of the last 4 weeks.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

To me, it makes no sense to save the units all for Wii Fit.  They should be aggressive when GTAIV drops. 

it makes much more sense to have the units for Wii Fit imo.  Wii Fit is gonna be very appealing to millions of non-wii owners after seeing it on Today Show, Ellen, Oprah, etc...People who will buy a Wii for Wii Fit...so u wanna have tons of units available so those people will buy a Wii, as some of them will move on from wanting one after a few months of no-find...mario kart buyers are more likely to be at least casual gamers, so a higher % of them will already own a wii and those who don't will still get one in future months when they can find one while many Wii Fit customers won't be as likely to buy one 6 months later when they can't find one

the wii doesn't need the press and doesn't need to compete with GTA4...most of wii's eventual owners will be people who will never consider ps3 or 360...and there will be a decent amount who buy wii for wii fit/wii sports and not mario kart/smash bros/smg

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp