By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii's Production will be upped to at least 2.3mil/month by Apr

I predict Nintendo will be producing at least 2.3mil Wiis a month by April...not announced in April but actually producing at the higher capacity in April.

Why?

Reggie stated a few weeks ago that Wii would overtake 360 in US by June. 

So let's take a look at what that means:

Americas

wii: 9.8mil
360: 11.23mil

That is a 1.43 mil difference (more like 1.5mil when Reggie said it)

so almost 500k more Wiis than 360s sold each month for Wii to pass 360 by June

According to NPD, Wii only outsold 360 by 178k in February, so Nintendo has to ship some serious stock of Wiis to US in the next few months.  Reggie wouldn't likely make that statement without being confident they could do it.  Additionally, GTA comes out before then and likely a 360 price drop, so Reggie even has to account for 360 seeing a bump in sales before June for at least a few weeks.

It also makes sense as Wiis were selling out before the 3 big games came out, so why wouldn't they think they can up production and still sell out after the 3 big games are out?  They also stated they will be doing their BIGGEST marketing campaign EVER for Wii fit...and we saw how they took away ads during holidays due to lack of supply...if they thought supply would be at only 450-500k/month, then they wouldn't be throwing their biggest ever campaign for wii fit as they would be driving up demand while consumers can't even get it...

So I think they will:

a) up production on the wii by April

b) ship a TON of wii fit copies in May...like 2+mil to the US alone in the first few weeks

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

well, then Wii needs to outsell 360 by about 125k weekly

so 210K for Wii and 85k for xbox.. even through GTAIV and NG2. (i forgot the release date for NG2)

yeah, not going to happen

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

well considering the GTAIV release, I expect the increase to be at 2.5 million a month

It could happen. Your theory has plausibility. However, I have said since late last year that Wii would pass 360 NA sales in August. However, I would be happily wrong if it happened by June.

Reggie is a doofus he does not know anything lol. No way Wii could produce 2.3 million consoles a month. max capacity is around 1.8 million consoles a month.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Reggie is a doofus he does not know anything lol. No way Wii could produce 2.3 million consoles a month. max capacity is around 1.8 million consoles a month.

ehm..you do know one can up a production right?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

kingofwale said:

so 210K for Wii and 85k for xbox.. even through GTAIV and NG2. (i forgot the release date for NG2)

it will happen

all they need is Supply, the demand is more than there

Reggie saying it will happen means that he is confident that the supply will be there

i'll take a bet with you if you are game

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Fastrabbit09 said:
kingofwale said:

it will happen

all they need is Supply, the demand is more than there

Reggie saying it will happen means that he is confident that the supply will be there

i'll take a bet with you if you are game

yeah, take a 1 week ban if you are up for it. Put it in your sig so I won't forget.

Whose number are we going to use? VGC? NPD? So you say they will beat it at the beginning of June? 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Rock_on_2008 said:

Is that a new law of physics or something like that?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I don't think nintendo should make 2.5 million Wii's themselves , if they're going to sub contract the production of Wii's to meet that quota then fine but I think the Wii will hit saturation quicker than the PS3 and 360 , so they'd effectivley be increasing production to meet relativley short term demand.