By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: Where Are The Cons?

mradx said:
snyperdud said:

Well sure, at the end of the day it's all about the games you want to play.

But the OP asked for cons, and my first 3 points are all factual disadvantages the Xbox One currently face.

Sure, but even when you say "factual disadvantages" there is kind of a fine line between all of that. XBLive may be cheaper for you, or cheaper for me depending on where you 'live' or where you buy it, and vice versa. Some people may see the power brick or large console size a benefit or may not, and less power on the graphics side (on paper) sure, but even that is debatable without getting super technical about it. It depends on what developers do with that power. But are the differences really that dramatic on screen? Maybe they are for you, maybe they aren't for someone else. 

So at the end of it all, it really comes down to your situation. 

I can't imagine a scenario where the bigger size of a console would be a benefit, but you're right, to each their own I suppose. As far as the hardware is concerned, there is really no debate there, the PS4 is more the more powerful of the two. There may not be a huge diffference on screen, but it is a disadvantage.

Around the Network
mradx said:
snyperdud said:

Well sure, at the end of the day it's all about the games you want to play.

But the OP asked for cons, and my first 3 points are all factual disadvantages the Xbox One currently face.

Sure, but even when you say "factual disadvantages" there is kind of a fine line between all of that. XBLive may be cheaper for you, or cheaper for me depending on where you 'live' or where you buy it, and vice versa. Some people may see the power brick or large console size a benefit or may not, and less power on the graphics side (on paper) sure, but even that is debatable without getting super technical about it. It depends on what developers do with that power. But are the differences really that dramatic on screen? Maybe they are for you, maybe they aren't for someone else. 

I'm curious what scenario a larger electronic box with a larger power brick would be seen as a benefit.

Torillian said:
mradx said:

I'm curious what scenario a larger electronic box with a larger power brick would be seen as a benefit.

I have both consoles and let me tell you, if I'm in a fight and I need to knock out some home intruder, I ain't reaching for my WiiU or PS4. I'm reaching for the One and only! I want to maim somebody!

*edit* really, it's not a pro or a con, at least for me.  My entertainment center has the 360, WiiU, and ps3 on the top shelf and an Xbox One and PS4 on the bottom. The size difference is what, an inch wider? And the power brick sits behind my TV (along with the 360 and WiiU's bricks) out of sight and out of mind.

I'm trying not to be an apologist but, for the life of me, I can't even see how this became a complaint! But this is the "Complain about XBO thread" so I imagine my comment isn't welcome here. :(

Chris Hu said:

It all depends on where you live and the time of year.  Neither subscribiton price is set in stone so using it as a disadvantage is pretty pointless.

The prices ARE set in stone - that's what retail prices are - and it's very reasonable to compare these since that's what most people will encounter. Using sale pricing as the basis of a comparison makes no sense since it is temporary.

It has a competitor that's more powerful and has a nearly identical library.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Torillian said:

I have both consoles and let me tell you, if I'm in a fight and I need to knock out some home intruder, I ain't reaching for my WiiU or PS4. I'm reaching for the One and only! I want to maim somebody!

Lol. But with all that money you could save by getting another console, maybe you could afford to move to a safer neighborhood! ;)

snyperdud said:

It's still a requirement nontheless. PC and the Wii U don't charge anything for online play.

But you didn't include the PC and the Wii U in your original argument you where just comparing Gold and PS+.  Like I said before comparing those two is pretty pointless since neither ones price is set in stone and it all depents on where you live and where you buy it from.  Comparing the price of two almost similar priced items is pointless period since no prices are set in stone and it all depends on where you live and what is one sale.  There is only a price advantage when there is a sizable price gap between two products. 

Jega doesn't like the Xbox One. That's a huge con! Biggest one there is

Chris Hu said:
snyperdud said:

It's still a requirement nontheless. PC and the Wii U don't charge anything for online play.

But you didn't include the PC and the Wii U in your original argument you where just comparing Gold and PS+.  Like I said before comparing those two is pretty pointless since neither ones price is set in stone and it all depents on where you live and where you buy it from.  Comparing the price of two almost similar priced items is pointless period since no prices are set in stone and it all depends on where you live and what is one sale.  There is only a price advantage when there is a sizable price gap between two products. 

I said it was a requirement as a con, and that it's market price is more expensive than PS+, the only other required paid-for online service for multiplayer. Even if you do find it cheaper than PS+, my point is you still have to pay for it.

Netty said:
Chris Hu said:

It all depends on where you live and the time of year.  Neither subscribiton price is set in stone so using it as a disadvantage is pretty pointless.

The prices ARE set in stone - that's what retail prices are - and it's very reasonable to compare these since that's what most people will encounter. Using sale pricing as the basis of a comparison makes no sense since it is temporary.

The prices aren't set in stone pretty much anything can be bought below the suggested retail price.  As a matter of fact some items like cloth shouldn't be bought unless they are at least 50% the suggested retail price unless you like to be ripped off or you are made out of money.