By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: Where Are The Cons?

Azzanation said:
I cant see any cons. The system is great. The only cons i see are jealous fanboys.

Hah, from a couple of threads, I am starting to get a clear picture of what type of person you are.....  I would say look in the mirror ;)

So lots of ex 360 users are Jealous fanboys.... yeah right... I mean where I used to work most of the gamers there were previously 360 players who decided they didnt like the One and their first purchase was a PS4... some did later buy a XBO... .but thats considered their 2nd console, just like last gen when the PS3 was the 2nd console to many users.

I guess some of those still hanging onto the 360 days of winning in USA are probably the jealous ones then if we are using your logic?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
Well, since you asked;

- Less powerful hardware when compared to it's main competitor, the PS4.
- Considerably larger in size compared to the PS4 and Wii U.
- Xbox Live Gold is a required subscription to play games online, and more expensive than PS+
- Lack of compelling software exclusives (my personal taste)

And vice versa, I have no issue with anything you just mentioned, and I think the games are great. 

So WHO CARES!!? It's my money I buy what I WANT! LOL !

and you buy what you want!

So at the end of the day, all this fanboy trolling is just WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of control! But this is the Internet after all. 

- Moderated, Carl

As for cons...

Lower spec'd power than PS4
External power supply (I think)
Originally Kinect pushing up price - device not even considered
Lack of original games content - Forza, Halo, Gears, Forza..... and some more forza
The ability to change the internal hard disk
The need for batteries in the controller
Initial poor running games (certainly getting better but still not there yet)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

mradx said:
snyperdud said:
Well, since you asked;

- Less powerful hardware when compared to it's main competitor, the PS4.
- Considerably larger in size compared to the PS4 and Wii U.
- Xbox Live Gold is a required subscription to play games online, and more expensive than PS+
- Lack of compelling software exclusives (my personal taste)

And vice versa, I have no issue with anything you just mentioned, and I think the games are great. 

So at the end of the day, all this fanboy trolling is just WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out of control! But this is the Internet after all. 

Well sure, at the end of the day it's all about the games you want to play.

But the OP asked for cons, and my first 3 points are all factual disadvantages the Xbox One currently face.

snyperdud said:

But the OP asked for cons, and my first 3 points are all factual disadvantages the Xbox One currently face.

The third point actually is only true some of the times if you shop around especially in the USA you can get Gold for less then PS+.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
snyperdud said:

The third point actually is only true some of the times if you shop around especially in the USA you can get Gold for less then PS+.

Awesome logic, well if you shop around youll find Plus chreaper then Gold.

snyperdud said:
mradx said:

Sure, but even when you say "factual disadvantages" there is kind of a fine line between all of that. XBLive may be cheaper for you, or cheaper for me depending on where you 'live' or where you buy it, and vice versa. Some people may see the power brick or large console size a benefit or may not, and less power on the graphics side (on paper) sure, but even that is debatable without getting super technical about it. It depends on what developers do with that power. But are the differences really that dramatic on screen? Maybe they are for you, maybe they aren't for someone else. 

So at the end of it all, it really comes down to your situation. 

It all depends on where you live and the time of year.  Neither subscribiton price is set in stone so using it as a disadvantage is pretty pointless.

Chris Hu said:

It all depends on where you live and the time of year.  Neither subscribiton price is set in stone so using it as a disadvantage is pretty pointless.

It's still a requirement nontheless. PC and the Wii U don't charge anything for online play.

snyperdud said:
Chris Hu said:

It's still a requirement nontheless. PC and the Wii U don't charge anything for online play.

Yeah but neither did PS3, while X360 did charge.... and there was hardly any issue there. 360 was still kicking ass.