By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - YOU are now in charge of Nintendo's VC team. which games do you bring first?

Tagged games:

Every Square RPG for the NES, SNES and GBA that was released in English.

Mother 3, hell i would use the fan translation since i believe the translators have said they are willing to let
Nintendo use their translation and would save a lot of people a lot of time

Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire.

all DS mainline Pokemon games.

bring out GBA emulation on the 3DS even if at the cost of save states or making them a new 3DS exclusive feature.

bring Gamecube VC with gamecube controller adapter support and make Melee, Luigi's Manison, Eternal Darkness, and Mario Sunshine launch titles for it.

i would do all i can to put Star Fox 2 on there.

Around the Network

I'm sorry you were trying to start a nice thread only to not be listened to. It seems respect is hard in VGChartz land

I'd release world wide:

Terranigma
Mario Paint (with touch controls)
Secret of Mana

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Mother 3, Startropics. Paper Mario TTYD, Secret of Mana 2, Skies of Arcadia, Eternal Darkness, etc.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

i would wait for the nx then have every nintendo game available to play. either people can buy a game individually or pay a monthly subscription. have different tier subscriptions that would rage from playing one game a month for say $0.99 right up to $9 for unlimited games. game can be played across all platforms home and potable with mobile integration some how. then i would start a preservation programs to remaster all the games in HD or UHD as the older games are starting to look really bad now on new TV's.

Around the Network

I will close it and make only remasters and remakes

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

On the 3DS

1. Metal Gear: Ghost Babel - Of the three main platforms represented on the 3DS Virtual Console (GB, GBC, and NES), only the Game Boy Color has what I consider to be multiple glaring omissions. Especially with the upcoming release of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. Ghost Babel was well received back in the day, and I'd like to give it a try. The mix of classic Metal Gear with Solid concepts is intriguing.
  2. Final Fantasy Adventure/Legend - AKA the first Mana/SaGa games. I'm curious about these games, and could use some more classic RPG's on a general basis.
  3. Dragon Quest (series) - Speaking of RPG's, the NES had DQ 1 through 4 and the Game Boy Color had remakes of the first trilogy and a pair of Monster spinoffs. None of those are available on the 3DS Virtual Console. I am displeased.

On the Wii U

1. F-Zero X - i want to get into this series, but GX's legendary difficulty is a bit intimidating. Plus, there's the potential for some of the N64DD content.
  2. Star Fox 64 - It'd be nice to play this before Star Fox Zero, and holds up remarkably well.
  3. Alien Hominid - What? I played the GBA version through at one point and really liked it! I know it was only released in Europe, but it doesn't even need a translation or anything!

I feel that the basic structure of the Virtual Console, including the high pricing, is an unfortunate necessity to avoid repelling third party developers. Imagine being the indie developer who has to compete with a cross-platform Super Mario Bros 3 for 99 cents. But that's just my 99 cents on the matter.

Love and tolerate.

All of the first-party GameCube games + some third-party ones like Beyond Good & Evil, The Simpsons: Hit & Run, etc.
EarthBound 2
The unreleased Starfox 2
Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Pokémon Gen. 2
Ocarina of Time w/o censorship & Master Quest version too. (You buy OoT once and then you can choose which version you want to play through a menu)

RingoGaSuki said:

We all know that Nintendo has an incredible back catalogue, comprising all of its systems. However, they have not been utilising it to the greatest extent themselves, so how about we simple fans take charge? 

In this thread list the three games from past Nintendo systems you want to see released on the VC, doesn't need to be first-party, doesn't need to be a big multi-million seller, just the top 3-5 games you want to see. 

Personally, my first most wanted would be:

3. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town/More Friends of Mineral Town

This game was a surprise for me. I never expected to like it, but it is very deep and engaging. A re-release on the Wii U eShop could generate new interest in Harvest Moon and i believe it would sell decently, if not well.

I guess you're in luck, huh? xD

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Q1trGWJ-ILtAD3NCsRvvPrDF-0bFx5AI

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/t0XGgepMRrw_2nYIa5leph0WcelEMxs9

I'd put as many GameCube and Wii titles on there as I could, but in HD. This wouldn't be terribly hard as the Wii U CPU is similar to the Wii/GC and the GPU could have functions mapped with some kind of wrapper. I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't done this yet; it would be huge to play all Wii games in HD at the very least.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter