By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 V's Gears of War 2

Which game will sell the most in your opinion?

==> goW, Xbox360 userbase is bigger

What game will be better in your opinion?

==> R2, more innovation in the gameplay
60 player online + co op 8 players
I think GoW will just be a gfx upgrade of a great game but not so amazing in the end

What game will be more popular?

==> both, both will be popular

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Legend11 said:
These system wars threads are getting tiring.

It is VgChartz its all about comparison between different consoles and fanboys arguing which console is better, lol.

No, not really. It's usually about people correcting fanboys.

In this thread you have compared two games that are great, and exclusives on different systems. In all honesty, the only thing fanboys should be sayings is "well, ok, your system does have X, I wish I could play that game" when it comes to these two titles.

Both will sell enough to justify there existence (meaning there respective companies will make a lot of money). That's all that matters.  

gears 2 will sell more because it has a bigger fanbase for the game

i prefer resistance, mostly because i've played that a lot more than gears. the amount of idiots that will ruin the gears experience online will be ridiculous.

microsoft are kings of marketing, simple as.

DOATS1 said:
gears 2 will sell more because it has a bigger fanbase for the game

i prefer resistance, mostly because i've played that a lot more than gears. the amount of idiots that will ruin the gears experience online will be ridiculous.

microsoft are kings of marketing, simple as.

This is the single reason I am excited about Resistance. Both will have there share of online assholes, but Resistance will have a campaign dedicated to co-op play. Grab a bunch of your friends and play. Kind of like an instance run on WoW. Nothing but fun :).

I like Gears better as far as game mechanics however. Epic did an awesome job with that game. I will be getting them both.

Gears experience will be ruined with heaps of Noobs online. Sounds like Halo 3 again, history repeating. Darn those brats who played Halo 3 online were so annoying.

Around the Network

both games will sell very well. gears2 will sell exceptionally in the states no matter how the game turns out.

resistance 2 looks very promising, il certainly be getting that, the online for res1 was superb.

gears when i had it it looked amazing it was the 1st true nex gen type of game, but after sifting through it on casual i traded it in, nothing really to go back to, plus i feel gears to will have more or less same content unless they put it on another dvd.

either way both will sell well, but gears2 will sell more because of the large usa fps loving install base

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rock_on_2008 said:
Gears experience will be ruined with heaps of Noobs online. Sounds like Halo 3 again, history repeating. Darn those brats who played Halo 3 online were so annoying.

even more annoying are brats doing terminator impressions, thats enough for me to turn the damn game off

if theres one thing i hate online, it is little kids doing terminator impressions i absolutly cannot *****ng stand it!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ps3 is the the place for fps games in 2008. haze, killzone 2 and resistance 2 are all exclusive to ps3 and gears of war 2 isnt an fps

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

I think Gears will sell more because of both the installed base of the 360 and the demographic that makes up the core of that install base.

I think both will be great games but I will prefer Resistance because I prefer large scale battlefields to corridor shooters.

Essentially, sales = popularity, so that would favor Gears. Unless you're talking about ratings from critics, in which case the games could be rather evenly matched, with Gears likely taking a lead because big name PS3 exclusives still seem to take a hit from reviewers just for being on the PS3 (Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted come to mind - they both got respectable ratings that averaged a bit lower than they should have - reminds me of the editor who received flak (from others on the staff of the same magazine) for giving Uncharted a 10 - "You can't give a 10 to a PS3 game! You just don't understand the quality of the 360 because you're the PS3 editor!").

I'll buy both games day one, possibly even buying the CE for Gears (I have it for the first game) and I'll enjoy both thoroughly.

Fanboys on either side will claim one sucks while the other is amazing and I'll sit back and laugh at all of them.

Does Resistance even have a hero or a protagonist ??? I´ve never heard his/her name, thats just sad, games like this need someone you can relate to... thats one thing Gears has going for it... people are tired of all the wussie heros with personality and family and what not... you need a hardboiled badass to get things done... thats why Fenix is the perfect match and makes Gears supperior...