By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 V's Gears of War 2

Overview:

Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 similarities: both will be released in November 2008, both will sell over 5 million copies, both will sell consoles PS3 and XBox 360, both are  shooters with aliens, both provide excellent online gaming experiences, both offer co-op campaign and both will set high standards in graphical excellence.

Which game will sell the most in your opinion?

What game will be better in your opinion?

What game will be more popular?

Discuss these two games Resistance 2 and or Gears of War 2.

Around the Network

Gears of War 2 will sell better than Resistance 2 for the first year but Resistance 2 will end up selling more in its lifetime. Resistance 2 will be slightly better than Gears of War2 but it will be a close call. Both games will be really popular with FPS fans.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Overview:

Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 similarities: both will be released in November 2008, both will sell over 5 million copies, both will sell consoles PS3 and XBox 360, both are FPS shooters with aliens, both provide excellent online gaming experiences, both offer co-op campaign and both will set high standards in graphical excellence.

Which game will sell the most in your opinion?

What game will be better in your opinion?

What game will be more popular?

Discuss these two games Resistance 2 and or Gears of War 2.

If bundled heavily....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They both will suck

They wont crack a million

Won't matter which is more popular

Go Xbox! Go PS3!

Whats the point?

Tease.

Resistance 2 will improve greatly upon Resistance: Fall of Man. Resistance 2 will be possibly bundled in with PS3 console boosting sales of PS3 console.
Gears of War 2 will improve upon Gears of War marginally. Gears of War almost maxed out the Xbox 360.
So I conclude Resistance 2 will match or eventually pass Gears of War 2 in sales.

Around the Network

These system wars threads are getting tiring.

Legend11 said:
These system wars threads are getting tiring.

It is VgChartz its all about comparison between different consoles and fanboys arguing which console is better, lol.

Resistance 2 is not going to sale 5m units, dude. I don't know what makes you think that it will. Gears of War 2 should outsell it fairly easily, IMO.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Resistance 2 is not going to sale 5m units, dude. I don't know what makes you think that it will. Gears of War 2 should outsell it fairly easily, IMO.

Sure.... Can I ask how much user base the 360 and PS3 has during those timelines?

iron_megalith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Sure.... Can I ask how much user base the 360 and PS3 has during those timelines?

In the region where these types of games sell the most, the 360 will have a much larger user base (The US)