By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Will Sell More: PSVR vs Oculus Rift

Which Will Sell More

PSVR 382 68.71%

Oculus Rift 115 20.68%

Virtual Boy 59 10.61%

Total:556

Oculus announced their pack in game with the rift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWx452msFkk
I find it interesting how its a third person platformer.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Honestly I just want all of them to be compatible with every game on PC.  That way if you want the ultra-high PC set-up you get OR, if you want PS gaming and excellent PC VR you get PSVR, and if you want budget VR on the PC you get a VIVE.

What's the difference besides the ultra high PC setup with the PC PS VR?, they both sound the same, or is one weaker than the other? (really hope the expensive setup isn't the culprit).

I dunno about Vive being super tight or low on a budget, especially with Valve involved.

What exactly are you asking?  The VIVE has all around lower specs and therefore cost than the PSVR.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
Chazore said:

What's the difference besides the ultra high PC setup with the PC PS VR?, they both sound the same, or is one weaker than the other? (really hope the expensive setup isn't the culprit).

I dunno about Vive being super tight or low on a budget, especially with Valve involved.

What exactly are you asking?  The VIVE has all around lower specs and therefore cost than the PSVR.

It's  going to cost a ton more and perform /look really bad?, I guess PC VR really is dead then.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Eddie_Raja said:

It's  going to cost a ton more and perform /look really bad?, I guess PC VR really is dead then.

I think Oculus will work great (Or has the potential to), but the latest reports say that the latest model of PSVR actually works better than Oculus.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I think oculus's sales depends on vive's pricing. If valve's vive costs less than the rift, I say psvr takes it by a lot. If vive's price is more than the rift, then it depends on the price of the psvr

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I think oculus's sales depends on vive's pricing.

http://uploadvr.com/htc-vive-is-799/

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I think oculus's sales depends on vive's pricing.

So you'll be buying all 3 judging by your sig

Assuming PSVR is cheaper than Oculus, which it pretty much HAS to be, I fully expect it to sell more. Especially if we get some staple IPs going VR 

PSVR because it probably gonna be cheaper.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
Conina said:

So you'll be buying all 3 judging by your sig

Eventually... maybe. ;) Okay, I'm not that crazy that I buy more than one PC-VRs additional to PSVR.

I haven't decided yet, which to buy (first). Depends not only on the prices, but also on the reviews and which has the best content.

If PSVR gets an attractive price, I'll probably get that one first and wait who wins in the PC sector. If PSVR + camera ain't much cheaper than the others, I'll probably get one of the PC-VRs.