Let the VR war begin! 

Around the Network

PSVR BECAUSE OF DOAX3

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:

PSVR BECAUSE OF DOAX3

I was gonna vote psvr but then i remembered that Oculus works with x1 and pc so that's a huge install base compared to the ps4 install base.

jason1637 said:
asqarkabab said:

PSVR BECAUSE OF DOAX3

I was gonna vote psvr but then i remembered that Oculus works with x1 and pc so that's a huge install base compared to the ps4 install base.

Does not work on your XB1

jason1637 said:
asqarkabab said:

PSVR BECAUSE OF DOAX3

Works with X1 is bit of a stretch...IIRC, it's streaming, XOne->Win10->OR, not really OR on XOne.

Around the Network

PSVR by miles.

Sony well sell it at a slight loss.. and earn back their money from software&games.

Occulus rift wont have that, and it looks like their model will be over 500$.
I can easily imagine sony selling theirs for 299$ or less.

Its not even going to be close.

HoloDust said:
jason1637 said:
asqarkabab said:

PSVR BECAUSE OF DOAX3

Works with X1 is bit of a stretch...IIRC, it's streaming, XOne->Win10->OR, not really OR on XOne.

It emulates xbox one games.

JRPGfan said:
PSVR by miles.

Sony well sell it at a slight loss.. and earn back their money from software&games.

Occulus rift wont have that, and it looks like their model will be over 500$.
I can easily imagine sony selling theirs for 299$ or less.

Its not even going to be close.

I could see psvr doing better because of price and brand, but PC gamers spend like 1k+ for a powerful setup so i could see lots of people spending $500 on ti, and Oculus has got more recognition in youtube. For example pewdiepie played on it a few times.

I honestly don't see this catching on either way, I think the price will deter people.

Depends on what period you're looking at.
I mean, what we're calling PSVR will be limited to PS4's lifespan, while the company behind Oculus Rift will still exist after PS4 and release future models that might still be called "Oculus Rift".

So I believe the question is too vague, it should rather be something like "Which will sell more in 2016/2017".

And the answer to that question would be: PSVR.
I generally believe that - at least in the beginning! - VR will be more successful for video game consoles, because it will just work. Nobody will have to worry if his PC/graphics card/etc. is powerful enough and will be compatible etc. Everyone has the same hardware; if one has a PS4, it will work.

And on top of that comes the advantage that PSVR will work with both: the best-selling current video game console (PS4) and PC. So PSVR owners will be able to use their hardware in both worlds.

And furthermore, PSVR will probably be quite a bit cheaper in the beginning, and that's a huge advantage.

The situation might change in the long run, but in the beginning PSVR will sell better.