By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 3/10 - 3/16

ouch at the PS3. It's difficult to understand the rise of the console in Europe and the States and at the same time been barely in the 20.000 in it's homeland

Around the Network

I saw another source the PS3 got 21900 consoles in Japan for the week and the XBox 360 sold like 2900. gameindustry.biz. I think that was the site any way the PS3 beats the XBox 360 again.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I saw another source the PS3 got 21900 consoles in Japan for the week and the XBox 360 sold like 2900. gameindustry.biz. I think that was the site any way the PS3 beats the XBox 360 again.

Those are last week numbers : check the first post's links.

________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Just for the sake of another meaningless comparison between trackers :

Media Create vs Famitsu, for this week :

Media Create Famitsu Difference

Wii 56k 51k
-9%
DSL53k 47k
+11%
PS315k 18k +20%
PS29.9k 9.2k -7%
PSP58k 66k +14%
XBOX 360
1.7k 2.5k +47%

Heaps of sales tracker sites. Lots of different numbers. They would all use different sources to estimate weekly sales figures. VGChartz uses a small batch of retailers and their sales figures are the most accurate IMO. Good work ioi and team.

This weeks numbers are very interesting, because they actually show different trends in sales:

PSP: Famitsu reports steady demand for the PSP while Media Create numbers show a steady decline of sales after the release of the Mint Green model.

Wii: Famitsu has Wii sales in steady decline, while Media Create reports no drop in demand for some weeks now.

DSL: Again, Media Create reports steady demand, while Famitsu numbers show DS sales in a decline.

PS3: Just the other way around - 3k units isn´t that big of a difference but look at it that way: Famitsu has the PS3 selling at roughly the same level as during the Yakuza launch. Media Create shows the PS3 dropping very fast after Yakuza´s release.

Those numbers may not show big differences but they show different sales "trends": going by Famitsu I´d have to say PS3 sales will stabilize between 15-20k each week now, but only looking at Media Create numbers suggests the PS3 will fall to 10k units a week very fast.

Same goes for Wii and DS - are they in a steady decline or will they stabilize at their respective numbers? Depends completely on your source...

Around the Network

To me it seems like alot of people are dramatizing the situation of the PS3. As long as software sales are decent I dont see a reason to worry.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
To me it seems like alot of people are dramatizing the situation of the PS3. As long as software sales are decent I dont see a reason to worry.

Software sales are shit on the PS3. I'm starting to think Final Fantasy won't sale 1m in Japan....

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

rukusa said:

That´s true, many people are overreacting here. Japan never used to have two great selling consoles before DS and PSP and as long as it sells great numbers in Europe and America everything is fine for the system.

Riot Of The Blood said:
rukusa said:

Software sales are shit on the PS3. I'm starting to think Final Fantasy won't sale 1m in Japan....

How dare you troll on the PS3. You sound like an XBot fan. PS3 will sell over one million copies of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan in its first week.

Riot Of The Blood said:
rukusa said:

I'd take a bet against that. 

All the negative PS3 energy has to be expelled somewhere.  Last year, PS3 was doomed in America and Japan.  This year, it's doomed in Japan.  We'll see. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.