By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 3/10 - 3/16

Rock_on_2008 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
rukusa said:
To me it seems like alot of people are dramatizing the situation of the PS3. As long as software sales are decent I dont see a reason to worry.

Software sales are shit on the PS3. I'm starting to think Final Fantasy won't sale 1m in Japan....

How dare you troll on the PS3. You sound like an XBot fan. PS3 will sell over one million copies of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan in its first week.

You're out of your mind. Just how large an install base do you think FF will be launching on? The PS3 doesn't even have a game that's sold 500k in Japan. Low software sales, tiny install base, crap attach rate: With all of those things in consideration, what makes you think FF will do 1m in it's first week?The game will be lucky to do that in it's life time.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
rukusa said:
To me it seems like alot of people are dramatizing the situation of the PS3. As long as software sales are decent I dont see a reason to worry.

But are they decent? I don't think so, in fact I think they're poor. Software which only appeals to Japanese gamers on the PS3 doesn't seem to have much hope for profitability.

Capcom seems to think so too, as they moved Monster Hunter 3 to the Wii, and that's an example of a game which appeals mainly to Japanese gamers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Riot Of The Blood said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
rukusa said:

Software sales are shit on the PS3. I'm starting to think Final Fantasy won't sale 1m in Japan....

How dare you troll on the PS3. You sound like an XBot fan. PS3 will sell over one million copies of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan in its first week.

You're out of your mind. Just how large an install base do you think FF will be launching on? The PS3 doesn't even have a game that's sold 500k in Japan. Low software sales, tiny install base, crap attach rate: With all of those things in consideration, what makes you think FF will do 1m in it's first week?The game will be lucky to do that in it's life time.

So can I take a ban bet on that?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@FinalEvangelion:

Ban bet on FF's first week sales being over 1m?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Well, the current install base is 2 million units, depending on when Final Fantasy XIII will be released I´d expect it to be as high as 3 million units - 1 million in its first week is absolutely possible, although I wouldn´t expect it to see sales on par to previous installments. Remember, Final Fantasy is a very top-heavy game and could possibly sell more than 50% of its total sales during the first week.

Actually, first week sales are not that important here - the core gamers will still pick it up during the first week (although sales won´t be as high as for the PS2 Final Fantasy games) , the question is will the game have good legs or will those be even worse than for previous titles?  

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
@FinalEvangelion:

Yep, if it sells less than 1 million on first week, I will take 1 week ban.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

As I said LAST year PS3 was fighting GBA in USA..

this year in Japan it is very low....next year we may see it go high..

PS3 is just going to be an unpredictable "beast"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
As I said LAST year PS3 was fighting GBA in USA..

this year in Japan it is very low....next year we may see it go high..

PS3 is just going to be an unpredictable "beast"

No, it isn´t. The console struggled in the US because of its high price and a games drought. Now Blu-Ray is the only high definition format left, therefore the Playstation 3 sells better now. In Japan its sales have been mediocre last year and the console continues to sell at this pace.

I would hardly call that "unpredictable".  

@FinalEvangelion:

No, I'm not betting against my favorite system.

@Louie:

FF isn't as big as you think it is. PS3 needs a 5m user base in order to sale 1m first week.

FinalEvangelion said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
@FinalEvangelion:

Yep, if it sells less than 1 million on first week, I will take 1 week ban.

That is if we are both around when it releases.  If it follows patterns of previous FFs, it would sell 800k on first week right now.  Previous PS FFs did 2 mil. on 5 mil. install base.

Also, PS3 counterparts to PS2 games have been selling about 3/5.  I personally think 1.5 mil. on first week.