By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Muslim family refused entrance to the US...

John2290 said:
mornelithe said:

Well, Trump isn't the President, nor does he set policy. And even if he were President, a desire to ban Muslims from the US, wouldn't pass SCOTUS scrutiny and is a stupid thing to get worried about. Anyone who actually thinks any such legislation has a chance to pass through the House/Senate and Supreme Court is quite literally an idiot.

As far as this family?  I won't speculate, as I simply don't know (neither does the Guardian, or this MP).  

That's the issue though, it wouldn't be as bad if there was some transparency on the issue. This family is also not the only case, it is happening daily. Thus story only got attention because of the 9000 quid lost.

Except that matters of national security are a need to know basis. As far as I can tell, there was a red flag, and the family should be happy they didn't get Gitmo'd.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

This will only lead to terrible news.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

It really is great that the world really shows what ISIS is saying is true.

Fuck this world seriously!

Looks like WW3 is going to start as a civil war. Seems some people can't wait. At least that's Nightline's narrative. Blaming one ethnic group of people has always lead to great solutions. Merry christmas.

For all you know the dad could be in the no fly list for known affiliations.... but all you overly pc liberals need something to cry about.

Are you pc bro?

Around the Network

Sounds like nonsense scaremongering.

I don't think US homeland security have any authority at Gatwick at all.

sabvre42 said:
For all you know the dad could be in the no fly list for known affiliations.... but all you overly pc liberals need something to cry about.

Are you pc bro?

So why did they not give that reason? Also, grow up.

I need more information here.

I do think the past year has seen a significant increase in open hostility towards muslims and other immigrants in the US. Trump is not president, but he and other candidates have fanned flames and fed fears that concerns are warranted.

Doesn't the US seem like the weakest country in the world?

Donald Trump? Seriously? That's hilarious. Is this a real publication or another British rag? Because, obviously, Donald Trump has nothing to do with this and they're just using his name to add a dash of sensationalism.

Also, it's kind of amazing how many people do not know the difference between "no reason" and "unknown reason". There almost certainly was a flag of some sort. My guess would be that a name matched up in the database, which is unfortunate. I hope they can get it resolved and the process certainly needs to be refined but it's a very daunting task to monitor all incoming travel into the US.

Also, and I'm rather surprised I need to say this, but the safety and security of citizens > someone's vacation plans.