By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Muslim family refused entrance to the US...

Puppyroach said:
Doesn't the US seem like the weakest country in the world?

They're the world's richest developing nation.

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:

I can understand it though, in my country alone, both Murder and rape is common news every week since the invasion of Muslim refugee's. They even vandalize and beat people up in the streets, burning cars and causing riots because they lack the patience to wait 20 min until the dining hall opens. They even shit on the floor and complains about how dirty everything is afterwards, expecting us to clean up after them. Death-treats and stalking kids at schools and bitching, bitching and bitching about luxury and shit. Trust me, all this have been uncommon in Norway. out of 20 rapes, 1 of them is ethnic-Norwegian. I don't think US realize how violence and crime are rapidly increasing even among the most peaceful nations in Europe and that US have increased it's security.

I read an article about Norway's approach of saying, "You have your culture, but we have our laws and to live here have to obey laws".

In particular the tretament of women.  Some cultures view women as property still and have very backwards views on domestic violence and rape.  I firmly think should take classes to learn that social interactions differ and women are equal.

Last time I checked, Obama is still the President, not Trump... so why is Trump getting bashed in this story and elsewhere when he has absolutely nothing to do with the US government's security policies and procedures that are in place RIGHT NOW?

Edit:  Oh, and by the way... if the family was stopped from flying to the US because one of their names matched a name that came up on a government "no-fly list", then the liberals in this country have gotten exactly what they asked for.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

akhmenhawk said:
Puppyroach said:
Doesn't the US seem like the weakest country in the world?

They're the world's richest developing nation.

With more militaristic firepower than the next three nations combined and the most diverse culture. When you combine so many cultures into one, it tends to create social issues- especially if one of the newer cultures brings outdated social infrastructures and they get upset when no one else is following it. 

The weakest country in the world? Really? You have countries in the Philippines that have laws stating Chinese citizens are second class. You have  countries in Asia that openly brainwash their citizens and prevent them from leaving to another country. You have countries in Africa that are unofficially ruled by homicidal maniacs that murder thousands. You have countries in the Middle East that harbor organizations that kidnap tourists and reporters and cut their damn heads off on camera so their families can watch.

And the United States is weak because it barred a family from its vacation for undisclosed reasons? There are so many worse things that could have happened, but all that happened was some were denied entry into a country that is on high alert. A country that previously lost over 2000 lives and a national treasure for not being careful enough. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

the_dark_lewd said:
Sounds like nonsense scaremongering.

I don't think US homeland security have any authority at Gatwick at all.

Do you understand how international terror watch lists such as the "no-fly" list work?  They don't wait for people whose names pop up on these lists to land inside the US and then tell them to turn around and take the next flight home...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
I need more information here.

I do think the past year has seen a significant increase in open hostility towards muslims and other immigrants in the US. Trump is not president, but he and other candidates have fanned flames and fed fears that concerns are warranted.

Sure, Trump and other Republican candidates for POTUS are to blame for the increase in anti-Muslim sentiments in the Western world over the past year.

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with the attacks in Paris (TWICE over the past year) and in San Bernadino CA, among others all over the globe, by people of the Islamic faith who are either linked to extremist groups like ISIS or sympathize with radical Islamic viewpoint.

And it also has absolutely NOTHING to do with the clash of cultures that is currently going on in Europe as the 7th century meets the 21st century with millions of migrants fleeing dozens of nations across Africa and the Middle East flooding the Eurozone and demanding that their host nations cater to their every whim.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

Azuren said:

The weakest country in the world? Really? You have countries in the Philippines that have laws stating Chinese citizens are second class. You have  countries in Asia that openly brainwash their citizens and prevent them from leaving to another country. You have countries in Africa that are unofficially ruled by homicidal maniacs that murder thousands. You have countries in the Middle East that harbor organizations that kidnap tourists and reporters and cut their damn heads off on camera so their families can watch.

Holy crap! I didn't know my country considers Chinese 2nd class citizen because I never felt it. Lol!

we are weak as sh!t though that's for sure.

PxlStorm said:

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

NightDragon83 said:
Nymeria said:
I need more information here.

I do think the past year has seen a significant increase in open hostility towards muslims and other immigrants in the US. Trump is not president, but he and other candidates have fanned flames and fed fears that concerns are warranted.

Sure, Trump and other Republican candidates for POTUS are to blame for the increase in anti-Muslim sentiments in the Western world over the past year.

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with the attacks in Paris (TWICE over the past year) and in San Bernadino CA, among others all over the globe, by people of the Islamic faith who are either linked to extremist groups like ISIS or sympathize with radical Islamic viewpoint.

And it also has absolutely NOTHING to do with the clash of cultures that is currently going on in Europe as the 7th century meets the 21st century with millions of migrants fleeing dozens of nations across Africa and the Middle East flooding the Eurozone and demanding that their host nations cater to their every whim.

The fear is there, the issue is how elected officials react to increase or decrease fear.  You can explain how statistically low percentage of people are terrorists and how unlikely it is to be killed or injured in a terrorist attack.  During the seocnd World War we gave into fear and turned Jewish refugees away and put Americans of Japanese heritage in camps.  Too often we throw away our liberties to a desire to protect them from a real or perceived threat.

People in the US are murdered every day, we see shootings nearly every day. We contextualize these because we understand that in our own day to day life shootings are not common.  More abstract threats such as terrorism that vast majority still have no experience with gets coverage so perception is warped that is more common in the US then it is.

Let me give an analogy.  Influenza kills thousands of Americans every single year. Some years tens of thousands die and there is no fear or panic.  When ebola or swine flu has a few isolated cases and people are scared. This fear is fed by the media when every case is announced and covered warping perception.

I am not saying we don't deal with terrorists, but creating panic serves no one.  Again, in regards to this case I'd like more information before rendering a judgment.