By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Sony Is Smart To Stack Early 2016 With Exclusives Against Microsoft’s Empty Early 2016-

Ali_16x said:
Jazz2K said:

Downplay what? Sony? Playstation 4? When do I do that? I just find it entertaining how these lists are so biased and people take them seriously. Sony will have a great first half, it doesn't mean every games will be better than what MS has to offer and vice versa. Next year will be great for both consoles, it's not that hard to say really.

How is the truth biased? Those lists are not biased at all, it is how it is. PS4 has a lot of games in the first half of 2016 and Microsoft has a few.

Sony has more than MS is the only truth there is to it though and that's where it ends. 

When I say biased it's about MS first half is empty or that MS has nothing good and then people listing "better" games for PS4 then list 1-2 games for MS forgeting others for some reasons like: it's available on PC so they are irrelevent but then list SFV as a key point for Sony... yeah biased lists.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Ali_16x said:

How is the truth biased? Those lists are not biased at all, it is how it is. PS4 has a lot of games in the first half of 2016 and Microsoft has a few.

Sony has more than MS is the only truth there is to it though and that's where it ends. 

When I say biased it's about MS first half is empty or that MS has nothing good and then people listing "better" games for PS4 then list 1-2 games for MS forgeting others for some reasons like: it's available on PC so they are irrelevent but then list SFV as a key point for Sony... yeah biased lists.

Street Fighter V is a 3rd party game. Sony doesn't have control over when SFV comes out. To respond to your PC comment, there are consumers who prefer to play on consoles. If they prefer to play on consoles and want to play SFV, they will need to buy a PS4 because it is the only one where SFV will be available.

Anyways, even if we strictly only look at 1st party games, Sony still wins out. Not only does the PS4 have more upcoming 1st party games than the XBO, but it has more games with confirmed release dates rather than broad release windows. This part is objective as is the PS4 having more exclusives, in general. Whether having more exclusives (in full, platform, or console form) than its competiion is better is subjective. It all comes down to what consumers prefer to play.

If we look at the genres of each exclusive on both sides, the PS4's lineup covers more genres. Therefore, it will appeal to a wider variety of demographics. For example, JRPG fans will prefer to buy a PS4 over the XBO because of games like Digimon, Hyperdimension, Fairy Fencer F, Nights of Azure, or Odin Sphere Leifhrasir. Fighter fans will opt for the PS4 because of Street Fighter V (provided that they prefer console gaming) and Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Platformer fans? There are Ratchet & Clank and Shadow of the Beast.

Jazz2K said:
Ali_16x said:

You don't make any sense. You admit that Sony has more than MS in the first sentence, then in the second sentence you complain about how people are saying Microsoft's first half lineup is empty, it is. Obviously it's not completely empty, but they're saying they have such few games compared to Sony, it's basically empty.

Here is the list I made in an earlier post.

PS4 - First Half of 2016
Retail
Street Fighter V
Uncharted 4
Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Gravity Rush Remastered
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelation
Ratchet & Clank

Digital
Gran Turismo Sport Beta
The Witness
Firewatch
Darkest Dungeon
Shadow of the Beast
Alienation
Hardware: Rivals
No Man's Sky

Xbox One
Retail
Quantum Break

Digital
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3 beta

First half of 2016 for Micrsoft is basically empty.

Explain to me how that list is biased. I did include indies for PS4 but only the big ones, high budgets(for indies). Firewatch, The Witness, and No Man's Sky have fairly big budgets compared to a majority of indies. There is a lot of hype for these games. Darkest Dungeon is a really great indie that is available on Steam and has sold really well for an indie. The rest are Sony owned games.

If you have any games that fit that criteria, go ahead and post but I haven't seen any Xbox One indie that has a fairly big budget for an indie or one that people are looking forward too. And the reason I limited it to this criteria is because it would become a meanless list if I hadn't.

Street Fighter V is a big console exclusive that won't come to Xbox,  why wouldn't it be on the list? That's ridiculous. The only person with a bias is you.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

Explain to me how that list is biased. I did include indies for PS4 but only the big ones, high budgets(for indies). Firewatch, The Witness, and No Man's Sky have fairly big budgets compared to a majority of indies. There is a lot of hype for these games. Darkest Dungeon is a really great indie that is available on Steam and has sold really well for an indie. The rest are Sony owned games.

If you have any games that fit that criteria, go ahead and post but I haven't seen any Xbox One indie that has a fairly big budget for an indie or one that people are looking forward too. And the reason I limited it to this criteria is because it would become a meanless list if I hadn't.

Street Fighter V is a big console exclusive that won't come to Xbox,  why wouldn't it be on the list? That's ridiculous. The only person with a bias is you.

To partially defend Jazz2K, the notion that the XBO's first half exclusive lineup is empty is a subjective statement. It can only objectively true if the XBO actually has zero upcoming exclusives for the first half of 2016. There are some XBO gamers who like singleplayer, story driven experiences and that's where Quantum Break will come into play.

Where Jazz2K is wrong is the claim that listing SFV is biased. True, the PS4 is not the only platform where gamers can play SFV. However, there are consumers who prefer console gaming over PC gaming. Those who prefer the former and want to play SFV will need to purchase a PS4 because it is the only console where the game is accessible. In addition, console exclusives can push hardware sales. Titanfall is a prime example of this.

Aura7541 said:
Ali_16x said:

To partially defend Jazz2K, the notion that the XBO's first half exclusive lineup is empty is a subjective statement. It can only objectively true if the XBO actually has zero upcoming exclusives for the first half of 2016. There are some XBO gamers who like singleplayer, story driven experiences and that's where Quantum Break will come into play.

Where Jazz2K is wrong is the claim that listing SFV is biased. True, the PS4 is not the only platform where gamers can play SFV. However, there are consumers who prefer console gaming over PC gaming. Those who prefer the former and want to play SFV will need to purchase a PS4 because it is the only console where the game is accessible. In addition, console exclusives can push hardware sales. Titanfall is a prime example of this.

You should read what I said clearly. I said it's "basically empty" when you compare it to Sony. Sony has so much and Microsoft so few that it's "basically" empty. That the people who say Microsoft has a empty lineup aren't really saying that it's really empty and they have 0 games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Ali_16x said:

why didnt you just stop at the first sentence, thats what this thread is about. Empty might be harsh but there seems to be like 3 confirmed games for the first half of Xone, i dont know what else anyone would call that. As for good, thats subjective maybe two people here said that? but so what? thats nothing to trip over IMHO

Wasn't Sony accused of having an empty line up this Holiday season as well? Because the PS4 had less exclusives than the X1.

PlayStation exclusive retail title for 2016/2017:

1 - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (january, 5)
2 - Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (february, 2. PS4/VITA)
3 - Gravity Rush Remastered (february, 2)
4 - Megadimension Neptunia VII (february, 2)
5 - Street Fighter 5 (february 16, PS4/PC)
6 - Samurai Warriors 4 Empires (march, 15. PS4/PS3/VITA)
7 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus (march, 15. PS4/VITA)
8 - Nights of Azure (march, 29)
9 - Ratchet & Clank (april, 12)
10 - Uncharted 4: A Thiefs Ends (april, 26)
11 - Horizon Zero Dawn (2016)
12 - The Last Guardian (2016)
13 - Persona 5 (2016)
14 - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (2016)
15 - World of Final Fantasy (2016, PS4/PS3/VITA)
16 - Ni-Oh (2016)
17 - Dreams (2016)
18 - NieR: Automata (2016)
19 - Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (2016 or 2017)
20 - The King of Fighters XIV (2016 or 2017)
21 - Gravity Rush 2 (2016 or 2017)
22 - Toukiden 2 (2016 or 2017)
23 - Yakuza 0 (2016 or 2017)
24 - Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (2016 or 2017)
25 - Detroit: Become Human (2016 ou 2017)
26 - Gran Turismo Sport (2016 or 2017)
27 - Tales of Berseria (2016 or 2017, PS4/PS3)
28 - God Eater Resurrection (PS4/PSV/PC)
29 - God Eater 2 Rage Burst (PS4/PSV/PC)
30 - Gundam Extreme Vs-Force (PSV)
31 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (PS4)
32 - Attack On Titan (2016 ou 2017 PS4/PS3/VITA)
33 - Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (PS4/VITA)

GribbleGrunger said:

I heard that *snap* again ...

I heard that snap from here gg!

SWORDF1SH said:

I heard that snap from here gg!

Who needs reality anyway. Next year is going to be literally insane.

The PS5 Exists.