By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

ohmylanta1003 said:

We really don't know what happened with Luke and Kylo.

Didn't the movie itself acknowledge that because of Kylo going Sith and destroying Luke's Temple, he went exile?

Around the Network
amp316 said:

0 out of 5 stars for a Star Wars movie - It's like the Die Another Day of Star Wars movies.  Put in a bunch of stuff  that people enjoyed previously in the series and they will enjoy this one.  Don't worry about the script.  Blow up stuff, bring out Han, Leia, Chewie, etc. and people will think that it's great.

How can you have any respect for anyone that rate anything 0 out of 5 stars. You've lost all credibility.

Star wars has always been a kid friendly script that will take liberties in the plot. But Overall this was an amazing fun to watch movie. 

You can't take story too seriously when watching a Star wars movies, but the Force Awakens has many amazing scene and moments that more then make up for childish cheesiness in the story. Your major complaint about all the holes in the story can be filled by using your own imaginations. 

It was an amazing movie. I think JJ did a great job of nearly remaking the first one and passing the series to a new generation. This move was a great bridge to close any gap between young and old and hardcore and new fans alike. The actors are all very good and you see a lot of what drives the characters internally. Yes, he played off nostalgia and cameos a lot, but he needed to and as a huge fan, I am glad he did. I am ready to go see it again and cannot wait for the next installments.

BTW I have read all of the expanded universe books through the Legacy of the Force series, and while that is all thrown out, I am genuinely excited for where we will go from here.

Wright said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Didn't the movie itself acknowledge that because of Kylo going Sith and destroying Luke's Temple, he went exile?

But we don't know what happened at the temple or who died or who was being trained or anything.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I love it

Around the Network

Hahahahaha ... not even close. Attack of the Clones isn't a bad Star Wars movie. It's a bad movie period.

Face it ... Lucas got old and soft and was terrible with the prequels. JJ isn't perfect by any means by he's going to take Lucas to school, and TFA is better reviewed than any of the prequels and is going to make more money than any of the prequels.

Deal with it.

Star Wars was never about PLOT anyway ... it's about PEOPLE ... JJ nailed that, has great, likable characters, the prequels may as well have had cardboard cutouts for all the personality they had. I didn't like everything about the TFA, but it brings back the true feel of Star Wars with characters who actually care about each other and the general fun of the saga. 

You can nitpick the plot of any of the OT, like hey did anyone on the Millenium Falcon think to check their rear view mirror and see that a freaking bounty hunter was right behind them to tip off the Imperials? How did they manage to fly into a freaking space slug in an asteroid and not notice until several hours afterwards?

Good characters + the heroes journey is what makes Star Wars go ... not plot. The villians were a bit weak but I think with Kylo Ren it's intentionally done, because if he's completely bad by the beginning of the movie it makes any chance of him turning back unrealistic to the audience which then saps all tension from one of the film's key moments. He will be an evil monster in VIII. 

ohmylanta1003 said:

But we don't know what happened at the temple or who died or who was being trained or anything.

Well, yeah, I guess.

ohmylanta1003 said:

Wright said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

You mean kind of like how it was "Luke I am your father" not ...

"Luke I am your father, now let me tell you a 30 minute story of exactly how I impregnanted your mother and where she comes from."

Star Wars movies are supposed to raise questions that leave you waiting for the next part. The OT did that all the time.

The prequels really .... didn't. Each one tied itself up neatly with a bow and it was more about "well this one wasn't so great, but in the next one we'll see Darth Vader! That's gotta be good right guys? Right?". 

Actually, I think all of your points are valid criticisms - and ones I've seen mirrored here on VGC. Unfairly harsh? Definitely! Still, I can't say there isn't a ring of truth here.

To me, all of the films are flawed (even Empire). I placed TFA @ #5 on my own list. 

EDIT: My biggest complaint is that they'be established Kylo Ren as inept WAY too early for him to be a legitimate villain. A new threat will have to emerge for there to be any sense that the heroes are fighting an uphill battle.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Wait, is this a real thred? Not a joke thread?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it IS a little overrated, but it's still an amazing movie and a worthy successor to the franchise.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android