By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

If Kylo Ren is a baby when it comes to the force, then what is Rey?

Around the Network

Every single movie in this franchise can be nitpicked the way some of you do here.

Give it a shot. You'll probably enjoy the exercise as much as you do with this non-Lucas one.

Jazz2K said:
In some of these movies they want to pack so much and so many action scenes that they fail at character and world development.

I thought only force wielders could use light sabers... Finn could use a light saber no problem yet no one seem to wonder why?!?

Kylo Ren was badass... until he removed his helmet. Please couldn't they do a better job with his haircut. He looked like someone that takes care of his hair all the time.

Kylo Ren has anger management, I understand that it's to give him character and show how troubled he is... be all it did was make him look weak and childish.

Scenes make it look like all happens in a few hours. I understand that they have light speed but still. Everything seems like it's done the next minute.

Finn - "Because it's the right thing to do!" ... lost me.

I think the movie started well, Kylo Ren seemed fierce and so was the Empire. The special effects were well done except for the 3D (goggles) which was very poorly executed imo.

Then it was kind of a mash up of many scenes that needed development more than anything. It mostly is a kids movie (I'm ok with that).

What do you mean by 'use,' though? If you just mean 'turn it on,' pretty sure (barring maybe some expanded universe thing I haven't heard about) pretty much anyone could turn on a lightsaber; ultimately, it's just a weapon, a machine, and its operation was never tied to using the Force. The reason it never became immensely popular likely has more to do with the fact that one wrong move would probably leave you with a missing leg and/or genitals when you're swinging it around. Jedi, Sith, etc, generally at least have the Force and all its loosely defined 'guiding power' to boost their dexterity and coordination. Finn turned the thing on, yes, but he then got his ass kicked by a stormtrooper with a glorified cattle prod. =P He'd have ultimately been better off just shooting him with a blaster, and the same largely goes for 99% of the population. On the other hand, prequels did have Grievous using no less than four of the sodding things at once due to his cyborg nimbleness..

As for the villain, Kylo's hair was pretty funny. x3 I couldn't help but wonder how uncomfortable it must have been wearing that helmet with that big mop. 'You will tell me the locati- pppftssh ppftt..." "...you okay?" "I'M FINE, just... spitting out some hair... oh Goddamnit pppfttt..." As for his personality, kind of reserving judgement til I at least see how it all turns out. My biggest issue with Anakin being a whiny child was that he was like that pretty much right up until he became robo-Vader... well, no, scratch that, the 'NUUUUUUUUU!' scene made him a drama queen even then. >.> In theory if Anakin had actually grown the hell up by the third film, I'd probably have had less of a problem; by that same token, willing to give Kylo the benefit of the doubt, see if he goes full Dark Side.

With regards to Finn's 'Because it's the right thing to do,' I'm assuming you're talking about when he was breaking the pilot out of the Star Destroyer at the beginning. Remember the pilot's next line? "...you need a pilot!" "...I need a pilot." =P Finn ultimately did it because he doesn't know how to fly a ship, which is kind of a must-have if you want to get out before you get 'reconditioned,' whatever that means.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Jazz2K said:

Kylo Ren was badass... until he removed his helmet. Please couldn't they do a better job with his haircut. He looked like someone that takes care of his hair all the time.

But it all makes sense! He pulls the hair forward and wears it over his mouth. That's why his voice changes! 

I'm kidding. Actually the hair thing bothered me too. It was more like a Spaceballs scene when he took off the helmet and revealed the hair. But i'm balding myself, so maybe i'm just jealous

Anyway, what makes sense is that he is wearing the helmet in public not only because he worships Vader but with that face he needs it to be more intimidating. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I think in a few years, many people will see how utterly one-dimensional this movie was. Maybe VIII and IX will be better, but they cannot redeem VII in my opinion.

Around the Network

I think it was a mastapece but it needed more Jar Jar Binks!!!!!!!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Pretty sure this is moderatable. 

Maybe I need to get TruckOSaurus to add something into the ruleset...

MoHasanie said:

This

Carl2291 said:
MoHasanie said:

Pretty sure this is moderatable. 

Maybe I need to get TruckOSaurus to add something into the ruleset...

I think it falls under common sense that liking Jar Jar Binks is a bannable offense.

Signature goes here!

This is growing. There are like 3 threads now about Episode VII dislike lol.