By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

d21lewis said:
My questions/issues
They might be answered in the future but for now

-How did Poe survive the crash and reunite with the rebels?
-Why is he acting like he and Fin are long lost best friends when they knew each other for about five minutes during that escape?
-How did the Empire (aka First Order) build a goddam super Starkiller death star in such a small amount of time? Want the Empire crushed? This other organization formed and built this thing in less time than the Empire could in their prime!?!
-Hour did "Tiny Eye Yoda" get Luke's light saber?
-And Luke's saber in Jedi is not the one in Empire. He lost that one (and his hand) fighting Vader and had to build another one. So she is lying when she says "It belonged to Luke and his father"
-So Rey is super powerful in the Force. How does she know what she can do? Jedi mind trick? Who told her that was an option?
-Why is Luke so fat? What was he doing on that mountain? Eating bacon!?!
-Killing your dad is the way to the Darkside. Well Kylo killed Rey's dad. Spoiler: They're gonna be twins like Luke and Leia.
-Why did R2 wake up?
-Why the red arm, 3PO?

I have more but tired, I am. Rest, I must.

I think he says he ejected from the ship or whatever. Dunno how he meets up with the Resistance though

I believe thats the one from Cloud City. Since the one from Jedi is green, this one is blue

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
d21lewis said:
My questions/issues

-Why is he acting like he and Fin are long lost best friends when they knew each other for about five minutes during that escape?
-How did the Empire (aka First Order) build a goddam super Starkiller death star in such a small amount of time? Want the Empire crushed? This other organization formed and built this thing in less time than the Empire could in their prime!?!
-And Luke's saber in Jedi is not the one in Empire. He lost that one (and his hand) fighting Vader and had to build another one. So she is lying when she says "It belonged to Luke and his father"
-So Rey is super powerful in the Force. How does she know what she can do? Jedi mind trick? Who told her that was an option?
-Killing your dad is the way to the Darkside. Well Kylo killed Rey's dad. Spoiler: They're gonna be twins like Luke and Leia.
-Why did R2 wake up?
-Why the red arm, 3PO?

I think he says he ejected from the ship or whatever. Dunno how he meets up with the Resistance though

I believe thats the one from Cloud City. Since the one from Jedi is green, this one is blue

"Well, that's a story for another day." -Tiny Eyed Orange Yoda

d21lewis said:
My questions/issues

-Why did R2 wake up?
-Why the red arm, 3PO?

- He says he ejected, woke up and found neither ship nor Finn. The rest you fill in however you like, somehow managed to contact the rebels and got someone to pick him up, stole a ship, whatever.

- That was wierd the way they shot that scene, but at the very least Poe is incredibly gratefull after all Finn totaly saved his life when he broke him free.

- They had the plans already, theyre using pre existing Empire tech and tweeking it. It took them like 30 years to build that, and its not clear at all if the Empire was crushed, the leadership died but there were lots of simpathisers, a new leader came up and started somewhat fo a cult and thats the first order. Its not evry well explained (probably on purpose there are 2 more movies) but thats what I picked up

- No idea, more movies still to come. Probably she retrieved it from the wrackage of the Death Star, she is a pirate after all.

- That is Lukes original saber, the one that once belonged to Anakin, I believe he still has the one from jedis with him in his exile, its the blue one not the green one

- She doesnt realy know what she can do, she heard stories and is smart however, she tried it and it failled, until she actualy did it right, wich was an amazing scene as she changes her tone of voice and expression completly (fun fact that stormtrooper being Mind Tricked is Daniel Craig, that was his cameo in the movie hehe)

- Well Mark Hammil is kind of old now...

- I doubt it, Han and Leia wouldve said something, specialy Leia since shes Force sensitive. ham definetly knows who she is tough as he explains it off screen to Mass Kanata. my guess is shes Lukes daughter.

- I believe that was Lukes doing, the man is probably powerfull as fck after 30 years of seclusion comuning with the Force, he felt all the shenaningas going on the galaxy with all the disturbance in the Force that caused.

- That shit was random, Im not sure if have a purpose at all, more like 3PO lost an arm and got a red one for replacement since he doesnt have all the "good things"he had when he was the protocoll droid of a princess.

DakonBlackblade said:
d21lewis said:
My questions/issues

-Why did R2 wake up?
-Why the red arm, 3PO?

- He says he ejected, woke up and found neither ship nor Finn. The rest you fill in however you like, somehow managed to contact the rebels and got someone to pick him up, stole a ship, whatever.

- That was wierd the way they shot that scene, but at the very least Poe is incredibly gratefull after all Finn totaly saved his life when he broke him free.

- They had the plans already, theyre using pre existing Empire tech and tweeking it. It took them like 30 years to build that, and its not clear at all if the Empire was crushed, the leadership died but there were lots of simpathisers, a new leader came up and started somewhat fo a cult and thats the first order. Its not evry well explained (probably on purpose there are 2 more movies) but thats what I picked up

- No idea, more movies still to come. Probably she retrieved it from the wrackage of the Death Star, she is a pirate after all.

- That is Lukes original saber, the one that once belonged to Anakin, I believe he still has the one from jedis with him in his exile, its the blue one not the green one

- She doesnt realy know what she can do, she heard stories and is smart however, she tried it and it failled, until she actualy did it right, wich was an amazing scene as she changes her tone of voice and expression completly (fun fact that stormtrooper being Mind Tricked is Daniel Craig, that was his cameo in the movie hehe)

- I doubt it, Han and Leia wouldve said something, specialy Leia since shes Force sensitive. ham definetly knows who she is tough as he explains it off screen to Mass Kanata. my guess is shes Lukes daughter.

- I believe that was Lukes doing, the man is probably powerfull as fck after 30 years of seclusion comuning with the Force, he felt all the shenaningas going on the galaxy with all the disturbance in the Force that caused.

- That shit was random, Im not sure if have a purpose at all, more like 3PO lost an arm and got a red one for replacement since he doesnt have all the "good things"he had when he was the protocoll droid of a princess.

I spoke to the judges. We will accept those answers..... for now.

I thought of her as being Luke's daughter but I'm leaning towards her being a twin. Rey and Ren are just too close to be coincidence.  Luke might not be allowed to love. Depends on if the old Republic Jedi rules still apply. I gotta watch this one again. And again. And Again.

Volterra_90 said:
Virlando said:

But you don't know that. There is one thing that he couldn't choose on which side he wants to be and he chooses on this platform killing his father. But there is another explanation for this: he knew what he wants to do and he was playing, luring Solo to come closer. I don't know if this moment should be very plain or not but it doesn't matter. I never saw Jedi/Sith died like this or get a shot. Now, someone would like to think that he didn't defend against this shot for a reason, to punish himself. It doesn't matter. The story lacks reasoning. If Chewie saw him taking a shot already, why didn't he finished him in the first place? There wasn't any better chance to do this. It's another silly thing in this. Oh, I shot him, he killed my best friend, now he's bleeding, cool, that is enough for me, let's head to the ship and forget about what happen. Stupid things happened throughout the movie but no one seems to care about it. I am speaking about the storyline... it wasn't good. To many things happened by chance. Actually all of it... And tell me. If Ray was so strong with the force, why she didn't use it before, but just let him trap herself. Things Kylo Ren did before doesn't allow me to think that he wasn't properly trained. We've been there and we saw what he was capable of doing. Power of the blaster has nothing to do with it. It's about the force and focus. Besides, if the Crossbow was so powerful, then it would blast him off of that ramp he was standing on, like it did with the armored stormtrooper before. Again, lack of consistancy. The only reason he was shot in my opinion was to make his fight with the others more explainable. Just to let you think that he was wounded (he didn't seem to be to be honest) and so the fight would go according to what they visioned for the storyline, so they had an excuse. And that is a bad written story too, to look for excuses in the least appropriate way. So, I need you to ask yourself, maybe you didn't pay attention. I love STAR WARS and I will forever. But I care about it even more now, because I truly believed that no one can make it so uneven and unreasonable.

No, he was obviously troubled the whole movie between dark and light. It's obvious that he's not sure on what to do when he first encountered Solo, as it was stated in the film that he has his doubts about the dark side. And plenty of Jedis were shot on the saga. Look at the Order 66 on Revenge of the sith. Or that colisseum scene on Attack of the Clones. 

About Rey, she was awakening (you see, the movie is called The Force Awakens from some reason), and we see her improving her powers in that scene with the Stormtrooper when she was captured. So, no, she didn't know how to use The Force before, that's very, very obvious. She's learning. Force is awakening in her. More, you are complaining because Ren is not powerful. Well, you saw all the movie how powerful that Chewbacca's crossbow is. So it's impressive that he could take the shot and not being killed. Which proves he was actually severely wounded in that battle. And how do you not see that he is severely wounded? Jesus, he was just hitting himself the whole fight because of the pain. I don't want to be rude, but I think you missed some parts of the movie, or just don't pay attention and think it's inconsistent, and it's not. It has its flaws, true. Like taking an awful lot of references from A New Hope. But it's fairly consistent. 

I was going to say something shorter. This guy seems like he saw the movie but didn't really watch the movie. Some of his complaints are silly.

A lot of ppl sounding off just to be sounding off to me. 0 out of 5? GFOH with that bullshit. Each and everyone of these films have a ton of sins. The main thing I saw was it was similar as hell to NH

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
DakonBlackblade said:

I spoke to the judges. We will accept those answers..... for now.

I thought of her as being Luke's daughter but I'm leaning towards her being a twin. Rey and Ren are just too close to be coincidence.  Luke might not be allowed to love. Depends on if the old Republic Jedi rules still apply. I gotta watch this one again. And again. And Again.

Leia would have definitely acknowledged if that was her daughter. You certainly don't forget you pushed out two babies. She dropped the child off because Kylo turned? Could be but im positive he'd recognize his younger sibling.

I do buy that it's Luke's child. He was amazed and speechless at seeing her again. I'd also say when he was "speaking" to her mind she was "speaking" back which confused and broke him. He probably inadvertently taught her about her powers right there. (I don't know what you call it when he was trying to get info from her) 

d21lewis said:
My questions/issues

-Why did R2 wake up?
-Why the red arm, 3PO?

- He ejected from the ship. No words about how he reunited with The Resistance, though it's fair to asume he found a ship to go to their base.

- Finn saved his life. I'm sure that this is worth of a hug. Or Poe is just very kind.

- 30 years have passed since The Return of the Jedi. So they had plenty of time. The Empire built a second Death Star in way less time.

- She said that this is going to be a story for another day. So, clearly, she will talk about that in the next films. 

- No, it's the light-saber he lost on that Sky City (the blue one). How was this saber recovered is a subject for the next films, rest assured.

- Well, that won't be precisely the first time The Force told a person what he/she could do. She is force-sensitive, she feels the Force, obviously she was starting to know what she could do with it. Or simply hearing the Jedi's tales. She thought they were legend, but then she discovered (Han Solo told her) that they were truth. When she discovered she is force sensitive, why not trying that trick?

- Well, maybe he likes to eat a lot xDDDDD.

- Well, we don't know, I'm more inclined to think that Rey is Luke's daughter...

- ... and that's why R2-D2 wakes up, the only moment a Skywalker is in its vicinity.

- Comic relief, I don't think it has any importance at all lol.

I like Fin and Rey as characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
I like Fin and Rey as characters.

I do agree with this, however. Finn, Rey and BB-8 made an interesting, relatable and funny team.

It's average, which is better than most movies these days.