By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ranking Star Wars: Where is VII?

DakonBlackblade said:
StarOcean said:

1. Empire
2. Force Awakens
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. A New Hope
6. Phantom Menace
7. Clones

Some things I noticed though: The music wasn't as strong as the other movies. And the famous Star Wars transition fades seemed absent

This is my order as well, and I agree about the music, the lowo points of Force Awakens were the music (it was great but not as great as I hopped it would be) and Captain Phasma who is 100% useless.

That was probably my biggest pet peeve. I thought she looked awesome, like Boba Fett, and then, like you said, she ended up being useless...like Boba Fett.

Around the Network
Ariakon said:
DakonBlackblade said:

This is my order as well, and I agree about the music, the lowo points of Force Awakens were the music (it was great but not as great as I hopped it would be) and Captain Phasma who is 100% useless.

That was probably my biggest pet peeve. I thought she looked awesome, like Boba Fett, and then, like you said, she ended up being useless...like Boba Fett.

Im not too sure what we were expecting, they promissed us Boba Fett and we got Boba Fett hehe.

My opinion will probably change after I see it a few more times but as of now:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens

5. The Phantom Menace
6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Attack of the Clones

I enjoyed the film, had a lot of fun seeing it with my mom, but I can't put it above any of the Originals. Not that I was expecting to.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi

5.6.7. Attack of the Clones/The Pantom Menace/Revenge of the sith.

All three Episode 1-3 movie sucked.

I'm not sure, to be honest. They all kind of blend in for me, but as of right now I think it might be like this:

1 - Empire Strikes Back
2 - A New Hope
3 - The Force Awakens
4 - Return of the Jedi
5 - Revenge of the Sith
6 - The Phantom Menace
7 - Attack of the Clones

At least Phantom Menace had Qui Gonn, the badass fight at the end, Duel of the Fates, and i still love that podracing sequence. Attack of the clones really doesn't have anything of particular note. Revenge of the Sith has many, many awesome fights, and...really thats it but they are good enough to make me enjoy the movie despite plot issues.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

For me it's

1. Empire
2. Jedi
3. A New Hope (tie)
3. The Force Awakens (tie)
gap
5. Revenge
6. Phantom Menace

7. Clones (sand is coarse ... so is this movie).

I like Jedi more than most people though. IMO the Throne Room sequences with Palpatine and Vader/Luke are the most intense of the entire saga (yes even above anything in ESB) and the Endor space battle is the most spectacular action sequence in the saga still. So epic. Ewoks being 3 feet tall instead of 7 feet tall doesn't bother me as much as it does other people I guess. 

Soundwave said:

IMO the Throne Room sequences with Palpatine and Vader/Luke are the most intense of the entire saga (yes even above anything in ESB)...

Agree with you there. Luke in a cold sweat and hiding both physically and mentally while Vader monologues, then "If you will not turn to the Dark Side....then perhaps SHE WILL," Luke going rage-mode... Definitely the most intense part for me. The lighting, direction, and music all came together perfectly.

HyrulianScrolls said:
TPM at least has a few things that do work. Darth Maul, Qui Gon, and the pod race. AOTC has literally nothing good to say for itself.

Just the ending battle where we finally see Yoda fight.

Lube Me Up

arcaneguyver said:
Soundwave said:

IMO the Throne Room sequences with Palpatine and Vader/Luke are the most intense of the entire saga (yes even above anything in ESB)...

Agree with you there. Luke in a cold sweat and hiding both physically and mentally while Vader monologues, then "If you will not turn to the Dark Side....then perhaps SHE WILL," Luke going rage-mode... Definitely the most intense part for me. The lighting, direction, and music all came together perfectly.

Yeah if you don't get a chill down your spine when Vader goes 

"SISTER .... So ... you have a twin sister" with evil glee ... man oh man. Palpatine totally kills it too ... I mean Vader is total bad ass in Empire and it would have been very easy for a "Emperor" to be overshadowed by a Darth Vader, but like almost from the first apperance of the Empire you're like "yeah ... this guy is just pure evil". 

Jedi nails the most important things it needs to nail ... people fixate way too much on inconsequential points ... like honestly does it matter THAT much that the Ewoks are 3 1/2 feet instead of 6 feet? C'mon. 

The throne room and the Emperor trying to goad Luke to use the Dark Side is sooooooo spot on too. You can feel the conflict. 

Can not believe some people are not placing Phantom Menace in the last position. This is the end of human kind.