By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ranking Star Wars: Where is VII?

just below a new hope.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
I totally loved it. It was one of the best Star Wars movie ever made, definitely in my top 3. They recover that Star Wars magic. No more over-complicated light-saber battles (even if I enjoyed that lightsaber battle in Revenge of the Sith, but this was another level of greatness). Not more cringe-worthy dialogue. Just an hilarious, fast-paced, pack of humour and emotion film. Congrats to Abrams and his team, they made a marvelous job.

So, my top would be:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope / The Force Awakens (can't decide yet)
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi (I know some people might think this is odd, but Return of the Jedi has very marvelous scenes, combined with awful ones. I can't take the Endor battle seriously. And the Han Solo's rescue was... messy with all that Jabba's palace)
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

I really envy you. Hehehe. The rip off is the worst that would have happend. But you enjoued it.  I am really amazed. Good luck man!

5, 7, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

And, I agree, the CGI was well handled in this movie. It was not overused, and it was spot on. I'm not a fan of that giant Snoke (I hope it's only because it's an hologram, because I wouldn't like a giant ugly monster as the main villain), but that's the only problem I have with it. And I don't have any problems with Snoke's character barely developed, because there are two more films to talk about him/it. The Emperor was barely developed in the OT until the last film, so I'm OK with it. Oh, and yeah, Ford was fantastic. He's not rusty at all. 

Yeah, The Emperor was barely developed because his presence was so obvious that he didn't need to be developed. The whole Trilogy was so good that the time that particular characters take on each episode was enough to go on with the movie. That is the genius of George Lucas. Now... I am laughing.

Manlytears said:
IMHO...

1) The Empire Strikes Back.
2) A New Hope.
3) The Force Awakens.
4) Return of the Jedi.
5) Revenge of the Sith.
6) Attack of the Clones.
7) The Phantom Menace.

I actually completely agree with this. I could see VII eventually surpassing IV with time in my book, and I might even put RotS over Jedi depending on the day, but this is right now my order as well. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

My list is quite different from the norm, but here goes:

1.) Revenge of the Sith
2.) Return of the Jedi
3.) A New Hope & Force Awakens (this is very debatable for me)
4.) A Phantom Menace
5.) Empire Strikes Back
6.) Attack of the Clones

They need to let the Death Star like plot line go. It's pretty over-used, and that may the reason I ultimately like A New Hope better than Force Awakens. It's a very fine movie overall though, even if it's a bit safe.

Yeah, I am not sure why people rank Empire Strikes Back so high. Is this some sort of conspiracy troll? The movie is not very good, probably the most boring of all the movies, it had a piss poor climax and the whole "I am your father" thing is cheesy as hell.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

From best to worst...

- A New Hope
- Revenge Of The Sith
- Return of the Jedi
- The Phantom Menace
- The Force Awakens
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Attack of the Clones

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. New Hope
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

Pretty big gap between New Hope and Phantom Menace. I rank Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi above New Hope because of Palpatine... The acting really stood out in a very positive way in The Force Awakens. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Jumpin said:
Yeah, I am not sure why people rank Empire Strikes Back so high. Is this some sort of conspiracy troll? The movie is not very good, probably the most boring of all the movies, it had a piss poor climax and the whole "I am your father" thing is cheesy as hell.

It's only cheesy as hell because everything has imitated it in the  nearly 35 years since it came out.  at the time it was absolutely huge. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android