By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ranking Star Wars: Where is VII?

Soundwave said:

Yeah if you don't get a chill down your spine when Vader goes 

"SISTER .... So ... you have a twin sister" with evil glee ... man oh man. Palpatine totally kills it too ... I mean Vader is total bad ass in Empire and it would have been very easy for a "Emperor" to be overshadowed by a Darth Vader, but like almost from the first apperance of the Empire you're like "yeah ... this guy is just pure evil". 

The throne room and the Emperor trying to goad Luke to use the Dark Side is sooooooo spot on too. You can feel the conflict. 

Palpatine will be an incredibly tough act to follow...this Snokes guy hasn't impressed me yet, but neither did the Emperor until Return. (Never quite got the ewok hate, personally. The rest of the movie alone is stronger than the prequels and even the sequel.)

Around the Network

I totally loved it. It was one of the best Star Wars movie ever made, definitely in my top 3. They recover that Star Wars magic. No more over-complicated light-saber battles (even if I enjoyed that lightsaber battle in Revenge of the Sith, but this was another level of greatness). Not more cringe-worthy dialogue. Just an hilarious, fast-paced, pack of humour and emotion film. Congrats to Abrams and his team, they made a marvelous job.

So, my top would be:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope / The Force Awakens (can't decide yet)
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi (I know some people might think this is odd, but Return of the Jedi has very marvelous scenes, combined with awful ones. I can't take the Endor battle seriously. And the Han Solo's rescue was... messy with all that Jabba's palace)
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

I'm going to need to watch it a 2nd/3rd time to be sure but my order is

Volterra_90 said:
I totally loved it. It was one of the best Star Wars movie ever made, definitely in my top 3. They recover that Star Wars magic. No more over-complicated light-saber battles (even if I enjoyed that lightsaber battle in Revenge of the Sith, but this was another level of greatness). Not more cringe-worthy dialogue. Just an hilarious, fast-paced, pack of humour and emotion film. Congrats to Abrams and his team, they made a marvelous job.

So, my top would be:

3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi (I know some people might think this is odd, but Return of the Jedi has very marvelous scenes, combined with awful ones. I can't take the Endor battle seriously. And the Han Solo's rescue was... messy with all that Jabba's palace)
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

no cringe worthy dialouge? What about 'Stop holding my hand stop holding my hand' or 'what s a rathnar(whatever they were called)....THATS a rathnar.' or 'I'm so conflicted the I dont what to do daddy help me!...Anything son....*STAB* Thank youuuu..." or my favorite 'thats MYYY SHIIIPPP'

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Arminillo said:
Volterra_90 said:

So, my top would be:

3. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

no cringe worthy dialouge? What about 'Stop holding my hand stop holding my hand' or 'what s a rathnar(whatever they were called)....THATS a rathnar.' or 'I'm so conflicted the I dont what to do daddy help me!...Anything son....*STAB* Thank youuuu..." or my favorite 'thats MYYY SHIIIPPP'

I don't see anything cringe-worthy about that, but I guess it's about tastes. And they're not remotely close to:

- “Anakin: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven’t thought of you. And now that I’m with you again… I’m in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you – I can’t breathe. I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me… what can I do? I will do anything you ask. [pause] If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.”

- “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and irritating and it gets everywhere. Everything here is soft and smooth.”

- And the jewel of the crown:

Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.

Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.

Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.

Padmé: So love has blinded you?

Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.

Padmé: But it's probably true.

Yeah, everything about those two is painful to see. Jar-Jar Binks is wonderful to see in comparison to those two. Oh, I can write some Jar Jar cringe-worthy lines, but it would take a lot too xDDDDD. So The Force Awakens is a MASSIVE improvement. 

Around the Network

Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace

Can't be bothered to see the new one right now.

I think a lot of people need to watch Episode I and II again, but watch Episode II first. Phantom Menace isn't even a movie.

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

NNID: TanukiTrooper - PSN: MatrosRx - STEAM: TanukiTrooper

NewBeginning said:

Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace

Can't be bothered to see the new one right now.

I think a lot of people need to watch Episode I and II again, but watch Episode II first. Phantom Menace isn't even a movie.

Mah boy. This is too my order of the prequels. From the original ones:

Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back

A new Hope

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I really just look at them as one big movie but I guess I can play along.

1. Empire Strikes Back: The one where the secrets are revealed and the heroes are overwhelmed. Return of Yoda!

2. Revenge of the Sith: The one where lose ends get tied up and Anakin and Obi Wan finally face off

3. A New Hope: Where the fun begins and we meet our "new" heroes

4. Return of the Jedi: closure and redemption

5. Attack of the Clones: The best action and excitement in the Saga

6. The Phantom Menace: The foundation is laid out and we meet our universe for the "first" time

7. The Force Awakens: a new hope, again. New threats and new heroes.

Ariakon said:
DakonBlackblade said:

This is my order as well, and I agree about the music, the lowo points of Force Awakens were the music (it was great but not as great as I hopped it would be) and Captain Phasma who is 100% useless.

That was probably my biggest pet peeve. I thought she looked awesome, like Boba Fett, and then, like you said, she ended up being useless...like Boba Fett.

I really couldn't stand how easily Finn (of all people) was able to land a blow on Kylo Ren. I fully expected Rey to land a few blows, but also expected her to be overcome in the end.

How exactly will Kylo ever be perceived as a threat again? There is no longer any doubt that she will be able to overcome him. Unless he's reduced to a minor role amongst the villains, Disney has already neutralized the threat of the baddies from film one. Not terribly smart. 

*Also, why the hell is Rey so skilled with force abilities already? Anakin was literally concieved of the Living Force and he wasn't utitilising grabs, pushes, and mind tricks before he recieved any training. I'm not sure why fewer people are rattled by this.

I mean, come on! Jar Jar was dumb, but he wasn't THAT dumb. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7