By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Got a Ban on NeoGaf...

Shortiloe said:

... for something absolutely trivial.

So today, a Gameplay Demo of Mafia 3 appeard on IGN. Of course, there was/is a Thread on GAF. As some other peeps, I just wrote my Opinion and said, that it is looking good, but I just dont get the feeling like in Mafia and Mafia 2) and this looks like some GhettoGangster Stuff TO ME and that I miss 'the real Ganster with Honor and decency. Now, at that point, on a Gamingboard, I think it is obvious that I mean it in a way like "classy" , Gangsters with suits and loyality to their family when it comes to Honor. Maybe on other boards, that are not gaming related (and Mafia 3), you could see it differently. Of course I didn't mean it in a way that I liked their methods of Murder (which were of course very terrible) and so on. Welp, that ist what I got:

"True gangsters with honor and decency, huh? Google Image "mafia assassinations"

I was shocked and surprised. No other GAF-users were shocked or offened by my comment or sth. else., they were just discussing the video like everybody else (me for example). Kinda sadand sorry, pissed). 

you got banned because of the history of your "criticism"

when GTA San Andreas was first shown with it's first-in-series black main character it was accused to be "ghetto" aswell, so people (and mods) didn't take lightly to you using that word in association with the first-in-series half-black Mafia main character

Around the Network

People complain about VGC's moderation, but GAF is much worse in that regard.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I got banned only one time there, when they catch one of the lizard squad retards i made some joke about prison. It was a damn good joke but i got banned for a rape joke xD. It was a rape joke ... it was only a few days.

oxymoron

I've never run into any problems with GAF moderation. They always seem quite fair to me.

Lafiel said:

when GTA San Andreas was first shown with it's first-in-series black main character it was accused to be "ghetto" aswell, so people (and mods) didn't take lightly to you using that word in association with the first-in-series half-black Mafia main character

That would be silly and convoluted if true.  It's clear that he likes one kind of fictional representation more than another and there is nothing wrong with that.  It just sounds like someone looking to be offended.  You can't even talk about this subject and be 100% politically correct.  

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Lafiel said:

That would be silly and convoluted if true.  It's clear that he likes one kind of fictional representation more than another and there is nothing wrong with that.  It just sounds like someone looking to be offended.  You can't even talk about this subject and be 100% politically correct.  

no, at no point in OPs neogaf post does it look like he talks about the clothing and manner of the main character

actually his post there looks like he instantly associates black with ghetto and low class, while white gangsters are "honorable and decent" and it's silly to deny that this is a good reason to be offended

I think OP simply wasn't aware how "loaded" that situation is and failed to express accurately that he prefers "classy" (suit-wearing, family/honor-focussed) gangsters

Boutros said:
And the worst part is that you can't contest a ban and no one can see why you were banned. And if you're a junior member they just permaban you on your first ban. It gives total control for crappy mods to push their agenda. VGC is perfect in comparison.

No.

GAF may ban you for trivial reasons, reasons, but so does VGC. I got banned for calling someone "delusional" and another time for calling someone "ignorant". Because they are "insulting". I didn't call those people "idiots" or "dumbasses" or "douches".

Delusional: a state of having a belief or beliefs that are not in line with reality

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or awareness of a topic or issue

Remember when TheDrill (before he came out as a troll) was posting stuff like "XBOne wil catch up and pass PS4 in the US by April March 2015"? Called that delusional. Banned

I can't remember the exact comment I called someone ignorant about, but I got banned for that as well, when he said something he had know clue he was talking about.

These aren't "insults". They're applications of the dictionary definition of the terms. They are not disparaging. They are not meant to tear someone down. They are the actual words that describe particular scenarios.

Those "safe space" college students got shit on because college isn't a place for you to feel "safe" in your ideas. And they were rightly shat on because they were being overly sensitive and the idea of a "safe space" is retarded in an atmosphere of open discussion. But VGC having a similar "safe space" and getting moderated/banned for violating it is "perfect"? Just......no. This site's mods also pushes an agenda

Lafiel said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I got banned only one time there, when they catch one of the lizard squad retards i made some joke about prison. It was a damn good joke but i got banned for a rape joke xD. It was a rape joke ... it was only a few days.

oxymoron

Probably a male on female case where you think this is an "oxymoron". 

But, this, on the other hand, is hilarious, right?

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 November 2018

I was juniored once for a stupid reason. I've temperalily left the place and don't regret it so far.