By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Got a Ban on NeoGaf...

A similar thing happened to me on Gamefaqs, which made me quit that site about 5 years ago now. We were discussing FFXV (then still VS XIII) and I said it was foolish to think that the game would only be released on the PS3 (this was when rabbid fanboys still pissed their pants in fear the game would be announced for the Xbox360). My comment was deleted on the basis that it "dismissed" other people's viewpoints. Other of my posts on the same forum were deleted as well, because it "offended" some people, and according to their terms of use, your comments can be banned if they offend even if they aren't intended to.

I reported posts from members telling me to "leave" and that I was "unwanted" and a "troll", yet none of those posts were ever deleted. I appealled them all, lost them all. I left and only went back to that site maybe 10 times or so since, and just for quick info.

Around the Network

Gaf basically reminds me of PC principle in a nutshell.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lafiel said:

no, at no point in OPs neogaf post does it look like he talks about the clothing and manner of the main character

actually his post there looks like he instantly associates black with ghetto and low class, while white gangsters are "honorable and decent" and it's silly to deny that this is a good reason to be offended

I think OP simply wasn't aware how "loaded" that situation is and failed to express accurately that he prefers "classy" (suit-wearing, family/honor-focussed) gangsters

That's your projection.  You equating "black" to "ghetto" is actually pretty offensive of you.  On top of that, where did he say "white"?  Again, you're being offensive, as both Irish and Italian immigrants were often discriminated against and had their own "ghettos" in the United States.  That's right, it's not a word that pertains only to black people.

Going out of your way to find the most offensive meanings in someone else's words is more a reflection of your own thoughts than of their intent.

It's completely clear what he was saying.  He prefers the powerful, above-the-law gangster image that was once glorified by old gangster movies of the past.  In a creative medium, that's perfectly fine as an entertainment preference.  It's no more racist than liking Hong Kong martial arts films or modern day "gangsta" films.

i still lurk Gaf but i will never make an account just simply how PC and abusive the mods there are.

i hate when i'm banned... especially here!

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Gaf basically reminds me of PC principle in a nutshell.

i'm so glad he will be around next season PC Principle was the best new character the series has had in years

season finale of South Park spoiler above.

Rêveur said:
A similar thing happened to me on Gamefaqs, which made me quit that site about 5 years ago now. We were discussing FFXV (then still VS XIII) and I said it was foolish to think that the game would only be released on the PS3 (this was when rabbid fanboys still pissed their pants in fear the game would be announced for the Xbox360). My comment was deleted on the basis that it "dismissed" other people's viewpoints. Other of my posts on the same forum were deleted as well, because it "offended" some people, and according to their terms of use, your comments can be banned if they offend even if they aren't intended to.

I reported posts from members telling me to "leave" and that I was "unwanted" and a "troll", yet none of those posts were ever deleted. I appealled them all, lost them all. I left and only went back to that site maybe 10 times or so since, and just for quick info.

holy hell if something like this common for the mods to do at gamefaqs and i never want t an account there.

animegaming said:

i'm so glad he will be around next season PC Principle was the best new character the series has had in years

Same. Also can't wait for the next season, hope we won't have to wait as long as we did for the current one though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:
i hate when i'm banned... especially here!

Don't get banned then!

for stupid shit tho.

Chazore said:
animegaming said:

Same. Also can't wait for the next season, hope we won't have to wait as long as we did for the current one though.

yeah i am hyped for the next season espically if Trump does get the republican nomiation the direction Mr.Garrison's character will go will be a ton of fun to watch and if it does take awhile lets hope the fractual butthole will be out before the new season.