By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Got a Ban on NeoGaf...

Sometimes I've thought about creating an account there. Things like this make me despise the site and forget my thoughts about creating an account.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Rêveur said:
A similar thing happened to me on Gamefaqs, which made me quit that site about 5 years ago now. We were discussing FFXV (then still VS XIII) and I said it was foolish to think that the game would only be released on the PS3 (this was when rabbid fanboys still pissed their pants in fear the game would be announced for the Xbox360). My comment was deleted on the basis that it "dismissed" other people's viewpoints. Other of my posts on the same forum were deleted as well, because it "offended" some people, and according to their terms of use, your comments can be banned if they offend even if they aren't intended to.

I reported posts from members telling me to "leave" and that I was "unwanted" and a "troll", yet none of those posts were ever deleted. I appealled them all, lost them all. I left and only went back to that site maybe 10 times or so since, and just for quick info.

holy hell if something like this common for the mods to do at gamefaqs and i never want t an account there.

It isn't exactly uncommon (I had a similar experience around the same time). I had to watch my p's a q's while those insulting me could say whatever they wanted all because I had unpopular beliefs there. The bias among the mods was painfully obvious.

@OP

That's not even slightly surprising considering that GAF is a neo-progressive echo chamber.

Chazore said:
Gaf basically reminds me of PC principle in a nutshell.

You mean white frat "pussy crusher" who fights for "social justice" in Hitlerjugend alike way?

You're lucky, I never got into gaf in the first place, let alone banned from there!

Nah there is no perfect forum and perfect mod, either in here VGC or Gaf, or even in the real world.

Around the Network

Meh, you probably deserved it.

I imagine the mod thought your post took a bigoted tone and he just slapped the ban hammer on you. And honestly, who can blame em'.

They more than likely don't want their forum looking like a Youtube comments section which can quickly happen since we've seen people who spam the word "PC" often don't appear to have any logic of what's out of line or not.

My advice if it wasn't a permaban is to just take it as a learning experience and make smarter post in the future. If it was a permaban, then just cut your losses and move on. It's not like you're not entitled to post there, and if they think they banning the worst faction of forum users and you get banned in the process, then so be it. It's best for both parties as you won't be able to post the content that you want and the staff would repeatedly have to take action against you, so either way, it's best to just cut ties now.

Well, I didn't think what you said was particularly bad. As far as other forums being better? I think they all have their "good ole boys" that more than get the benefit of doubt. This site included.

Lafiel said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I got banned only one time there, when they catch one of the lizard squad retards i made some joke about prison. It was a damn good joke but i got banned for a rape joke xD. It was a rape joke ... it was only a few days.

oxymoron

Due to this chain of comments I learned a new word in English.  I now eagerly await the moment someone says something that is seemingly contradictory to say hey thats an oxymoron my friend.

Well you say a black character and said it looked ghetto,what did you expect?

OT
Did you look at that new Egyptian movie and thought it looked to European as well.

Yep neogaf has the worst moderation team on the internet