By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Splatoon and it's sales the biggest story of 2015?

No, but it's definitely mounted up the most threads on these forums, I swear every day somebody post something no matter how small it may be about a Splatoon. Please please if there's a number 2 make an official thread instead of creating new threads for minor things.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

it's the biggest sleeper hit of 2015

Like others have said, Kojima-Konami split was one of the biggest. Splatoon's performance has certainly been a highlight though.

It's the biggest story sales wise sure... but unfortunately, the press won't agree with me lol

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
Spurge, cmon babydoll. You know it's not.

The biggest, juiciest news of all of 2015 was the kojima-konami split. There was really nothinasaince g bigger than that. It was so dramatic and hush hush and bureaucratic, with lots of hints and teasers, and crazy shit like shutting down all kojipro email and internet.
And kojima putting himself in a cinematic saying "what took you so long (to save me)"

ALl the rumor and speculation, and the shock of konami "going pachinko", and the cancellation of Silent Hills etc etc.

Dude, that whole thing was like a full length conspiracy movie.

I heard about it a few times. He is the Metal Gear developer right?

Also, wasnt that gamergate thing this year as well?

I guess biggest Nintendo news since I barely know who Kojima is. Now my phone just pannes over silent hill. He made that?

Not even the biggest Nintendo news...did you forogt about the mobile gaiming announcement or about a certain man named Satoru Iwata O_o? Both are bigger than Splatoon sales imo.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
Nintendo developed and published games with good marketing sell good. Also gotta consider many wii u gamers were starved for games and splatoon came out as a well-reviewed game. I reckon if wii u actually had a few third parties developing then something like splatoon would've got buried (1 mill or so) by nintendos standards, but 2.75 mill isn't too crazy

Starved for games? While this may be true (not for everyone though), I don't think it would have sold worse if Wii U still had third party support. It would probably even have sold better because then the console would also have sold much better.

Also Splatoon wasn't exactly well reviewed. It was well recieved, but the reviews where way below the expectations of those who played the testfires due to limited map and mode selection at start as well as the "missing" voicechat. Did a bit of controversity back then, too.

fireburn95 said:
Nintendo developed and published games with good marketing sell good. Also gotta consider many wii u gamers were starved for games and splatoon came out as a well-reviewed game. I reckon if wii u actually had a few third parties developing then something like splatoon would've got buried (1 mill or so) by nintendos standards, but 2.75 mill isn't too crazy

No, Splatoon would still have sold the same. Have you not worked out by now that Nintendo fans choose Nintendo games over 3rd party stuff :P

Not even Top 10.

Not a direct comparison, but here's a lot of stories that people have forgotten about/overlooked.

http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-video-game-disappointments-of-2015-1748542608

Not the biggest, but definitely surprising.. never knew it would do this well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I vote for Koji-nami scandal & hate. I mean just look at these:
The MGSV cut Credits of Kojima.
The Slient Hills cancellation.
The "Mobile is next gen" said by CEO of Konami.
The Rise of Pachinkos.
The kickstarter Bloodstained aka Castlevania spin-off.
Doritos Pope shot fired Konami at The Game Award 2015.
And then finally, the new partnership between Kojima and SONY!
Woohoo!