By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most annoying QTE's of last gen.

QTE's are...

Shit 57 50.44%

Good for cutscenes 43 38.05%

Fantastic. 13 11.50%

Total:113

Uncharted: Golden Abyss last boss fight on hardest difficulty. It's not just annoying as hell, the controls also don't work like 50 % of the time. Screw dat.

edit: whoops, I just read last gen, sorry. But still, it sucked very hard! =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Mine would be the walking dead season 1 and 2 where buttons wouldn't register really annoying.

I would likely say Beyond 2 Souls and Heavy Rain. Last I tried it, it was full of them, and I got tired of them really quick. I can't imagine playing a whole game filled with them.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, that one QTE that is what you think is part of a cutscene where a box falls on you or something. Considering there are like 4 or 5 in the entire game, it's unexpected and just makes you go through the cutscene again because you were not expecting it the first time.

Hmm, pie.

Resident Evil 6 they really put on the emphasis on the Q of QTE.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I hate them in cut scenes, instead of enjoying and following the story, you're anxiously scanning for the next button prompt to appear. The only buttons that should work in cut scenes are pause and skip. (And rewind would be nice, maybe in 2115)

The entirety of Resident Evil 6 (cue Hammer the Buttons and Wiggle the Sticks song from youtube).

Worst in cutscenes = Resident Evil 5 and Bayonetta
Worst in gameplay = Uncharted
Most unnecessary = Halo 4 final boss
Best = Mass Effect 2 (are these even QTE's??? Dont care they are awesome)

The worst, most rage-worthy QTE I encountered was in Crysis 2. I had to get over this bridge where a battle was going on. It took awhile but I got to a point where part of the bridge was broken away. It took control away from me for a cut-scene where it turned me around and had me looking at different points of the destruction. Then, out of nowhere, nestled inside the cut-scene, a QTE. Yay! You had a tiny window to press X or it was insta-death. Of course, since it was inside a bloody cut-scene, I had actually put my controller down for a moment to stretch my arms, so I died.

The worst part? I had to redo the entire bridge scene. It started me all the way back at the beginning of the level. I was in disbelief. All for a stupid QTE inside a stupid cut-scene, neither of which had any real meaning or importance. It was a good example of why Crytek games are never half as good as they look.

Honorable mention to Tomb Raider. Like, the entire first part of the game, where you're sent through what I like to call the QTE Warrior course.

Taletell's Walking Dead had some that were really frustrating not because they were hard, but I swear it wouldn't always register me flicking the stick the direction it wanted. I can say they seem to have improved this in more recent titles.