By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most annoying QTE's of last gen.

QTE's are...

Shit 57 50.44%

Good for cutscenes 43 38.05%

Fantastic. 13 11.50%

Total:113

Depend the game and where they be, this go from very good to very bad.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

One that sticks out for me, is Tomb Raider's waterfall QTE. The game never fucking read half the joystick turns I did. So Lara happily slams into the wood walls. You had to basically die a couple of times. So that you knew what to do. And hit the joystick like 2 seconds eariler than the actual prompt popping up. To actually get passed it.

That wasn't a QTE, you were in constant control of Lara so you can steer her down the waterfall (it's not just press right at the correct moment)... The slow motion bits where you shoot the blocking debris are nearer to a quick-time event (though you may still be in controll of her.

I will agree though that was a little frustrating, I hit the same blockage about 4 times.

Although a good game. Castlevania Lord of Shadows had some annoying random QTEs. Would be like 99% gameplay, cutscene comes on for 2 minutes+, start relaxing, SURPRISE QTE.

HigHurtenflurst said:
archer9234 said:

One that sticks out for me, is Tomb Raider's waterfall QTE. The game never fucking read half the joystick turns I did. So Lara happily slams into the wood walls. You had to basically die a couple of times. So that you knew what to do. And hit the joystick like 2 seconds eariler than the actual prompt popping up. To actually get passed it.

That wasn't a QTE, you were in constant control of Lara so you can steer her down the waterfall (it's not just press right at the correct moment)... The slow motion bits where you shoot the blocking debris are nearer to a quick-time event (though you may still be in controll of her.

I will agree though that was a little frustrating, I hit the same blockage about 4 times.

I consider that a QTE. Because it is a quick time event. QTE's aren't labled Quick Button Push Event. So you don't just count button prompts.

Cloudman said:
I would likely say Beyond 2 Souls and Heavy Rain. Last I tried it, it was full of them, and I got tired of them really quick. I can't imagine playing a whole game filled with them.

Ehh. Beyond was quite mediocre but Heavy Rain honestly is an amazing game. It's a different type of game but I wouldn't criticize it for it's QTE since that's literally the main gameplay feature of the game. It's simply not your type of game. 

Most annoying hmm. Uncharted 3 talbot was bad. Tomb Raider reboot was terrible. Let's go with that. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

The only correct answer to this is Knights Contract. On harder difficulties, you had to press it before the button appeared on-screen because the window to press was THAT SHORT.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ps3-sales! said:
Cloudman said:
I would likely say Beyond 2 Souls and Heavy Rain. Last I tried it, it was full of them, and I got tired of them really quick. I can't imagine playing a whole game filled with them.

Ehh. Beyond was quite mediocre but Heavy Rain honestly is an amazing game. It's a different type of game but I wouldn't criticize it for it's QTE since that's literally the main gameplay feature of the game. It's simply not your type of game. 

It's probably not my tastes then. I tried both of them, and while Heavy Rain was a unique idea, I quickly grew tired of it and stopped playing. B2S I just found disappointing.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

RE6 and Tomb Raider probably.

Ninja blade

RE 6 QTEs were a pain in the ass.