Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most annoying QTE's of last gen.

QTE's are...

Shit 57 50.44%
 
Good for cutscenes 43 38.05%
 
Fantastic. 13 11.50%
 
Total:113
Namiirei said:
Resident evil 5 for me.

Especially the golem fight on a jeep on hard mode. It was horrible. Horrible.

I know the feeling. That part on Pro was insane, even with a friend doing co-op with me.





Around the Network

They're all shit. Thank you so much for putting that option in there.



Cloudman said:
ps3-sales! said:

 


Ehh. Beyond was quite mediocre but Heavy Rain honestly is an amazing game. It's a different type of game but I wouldn't criticize it for it's QTE since that's literally the main gameplay feature of the game. It's simply not your type of game. 

 

It's probably not my tastes then. I tried both of them, and while Heavy Rain was a unique idea, I quickly grew tired of it and stopped playing. B2S I just found disappointing.



 

Yeah no I completely understand that but the OP said most annoying. I feel like if you don't like QTE in general then it makes sense not to like it. 

 

Heavy Rain, as far as QTE goes, is one of the best games of all time. 



Currently own:

 

  • Ps4

 

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

For me it would be the door opening in Zelda: Twilight Princess. Seems like it took forever.

The other would be from Halo: Reach and Assassin's Creed II - where I had to start over many times cause I kept dying. (wish I could skip after like the 5th time.)

Halo: Reach - at the end of 'New Alexandria' when something unpleasant happens. The scene right after talks about it and I went from sad to angry.

AC2 - with the glider thing from Leonardo.



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

ps3-sales! said:
Cloudman said:

It's probably not my tastes then. I tried both of them, and while Heavy Rain was a unique idea, I quickly grew tired of it and stopped playing. B2S I just found disappointing.



 

Yeah no I completely understand that but the OP said most annoying. I feel like if you don't like QTE in general then it makes sense not to like it. 

 

Heavy Rain, as far as QTE goes, is one of the best games of all time. 

Yeah, I don't really like QTEs, so when a game is all about QTEs, I am def not going to enjoy it.

As for the best game of all time, I'm sure it's interesting, but I don't think it goes that far.





 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

the ones in tomb raider were annoying. QTEs are fine in things like heavy rain/until dawn when your game is built around the idea of having QTEs but when your entire game has like 5 of them they are always a surprise. i hate that.



Cloudman said:
ps3-sales! said:

 


Ehh. Beyond was quite mediocre but Heavy Rain honestly is an amazing game. It's a different type of game but I wouldn't criticize it for it's QTE since that's literally the main gameplay feature of the game. It's simply not your type of game. 

 

It's probably not my tastes then. I tried both of them, and while Heavy Rain was a unique idea, I quickly grew tired of it and stopped playing. B2S I just found disappointing.



Heavy Rain is an adventure point and click using controller inputs. Other notable games in this genre are syberia, day of the tentacle, scratches, riven, monkey island, and grim fandango.

Since I grew up playing these types of games, Heavy Rain was really cool to me, but it's definitely niche. I wouldn't expect anyone who didn't grow up in the nineties to enjoy this style of game.





theprof00 said:
Cloudman said:

It's probably not my tastes then. I tried both of them, and while Heavy Rain was a unique idea, I quickly grew tired of it and stopped playing. B2S I just found disappointing.



Heavy Rain is an adventure point and click using controller inputs. Other notable games in this genre are syberia, day of the tentacle, scratches, riven, monkey island, and grim fandango.

Since I grew up playing these types of games, Heavy Rain was really cool to me, but it's definitely niche. I wouldn't expect anyone who didn't grow up in the nineties to enjoy this style of game.



Yeah, I didn't play those, haha... Guess I didn't hear about them as a kid. I was a ninties kid though, haha. Good tiimes/





 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
theprof00 said:

Heavy Rain is an adventure point and click using controller inputs. Other notable games in this genre are syberia, day of the tentacle, scratches, riven, monkey island, and grim fandango.

Since I grew up playing these types of games, Heavy Rain was really cool to me, but it's definitely niche. I wouldn't expect anyone who didn't grow up in the nineties to enjoy this style of game.



Yeah, I didn't play those, haha... Guess I didn't hear about them as a kid. I was a ninties kid though, haha. Good tiimes/



the format and styles are different though, and monkey island is considered one of the best games of all time, so I'd check it out if you can.

PC versions only, no console stuff. Though grim fandango is available on psn, and I'd get that one since it's optimized.





Beyond two souls from the first to the last QTE. JODIE CAN'T DIE!!! : )