By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the best graphical showcase for the Wii U?

Which game is the best graphical showcase for the Wii U?

Bayonetta 2 82 17.15%

Mario Kart 8 138 28.87%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 145 30.33%

FAST Racing NEO 23 4.81%

Pikmin 3 18 3.77%

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 7 1.46%

Yoshi's Woolly World 10 2.09%

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U 26 5.44%

Other 26 5.44%

Total:475

As the Wii U's 3rd birthday has come and gone this year, there is no doubt that quite a few games have released during its lifespan that make a clear effort to take advantage of its power. Out of all the games that have come out for the system, what would you say is the graphical showcase for it?

Examples:

These are just examples that I chose personally, but feel free to list your own!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

It's got to be between xenoblade and bayonetta 2.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Mario Kart 8 > Xenoblade Chronicles X > Bayonetta 2 > Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks oustanding. Then I would say the butter smooth visuals of Mario Kart 8 comes at a close second.

I fully expect Zelda U to take the throne when it finally comes out.

Skullwaker said:

As the Wii U's 3rd birthday has come and gone this year, there is no doubt that quite a few games have released during its lifespan that make a clear effort to take advantage of its power. Out of all the games that have come out for the system, what would you say is the graphical showcase for it?

Examples:

Definitely you need to add Zelda WW HD in Poll, its maybe best looking Wii U game.

Around the Network

I would say tehnicaly Xenoblade X with that huge and open world, but best graphical showcase for Wii U are Mario Kart 8 and Zelda WW HD, follow by Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and Yoshi Wolly World.

And I also fully expect Zelda U to take the throne when it finally comes out.

Mario Kart 8 to me is the most beautiful looking game in the Wii U. The Wonderful 101 also had a very beautiful art style. And of course Wind Waker HD looks gorgeous. Both Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bayonetta 2 sometimes have some weird looking textures kinda like what the early PS3/360 games had. However, the character details of the demons and angels in Bayonetta 2 are sublime.

wii u games look great when you stand still, soon as you move it dont look as good if that make sense?
eg splatoon character model looks pixaleted to death as soon as you move.

for me though its Mario kart 8 or WWhD. Also if bayonetta 2 looks anything like the demo they released its graphics are pretty subpar, but again i only played the demo

FAST Racing Neo, no contest.

Physically based rendering, (something almost nothing else on the system can boast) 60 frames per second, superb textures, lighting, and shadows, plus goodies like anisotropic filtering and ambient occlusion that a lot of Wii U games forego.

On a technological level, it has no equal on Wii U.

I think Need for Speed Most Wanted U is the most technically polished out of those ...