By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the best graphical showcase for the Wii U?

Which game is the best graphical showcase for the Wii U?

Bayonetta 2 82 17.15%

Mario Kart 8 138 28.87%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 145 30.33%

FAST Racing NEO 23 4.81%

Pikmin 3 18 3.77%

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 7 1.46%

Yoshi's Woolly World 10 2.09%

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U 26 5.44%

Other 26 5.44%

Total:475
d21lewis said:
Xenoblade looks like a 2008 Xbox 360 game and that's being generous. Don't let the videos and screenshots you like they did me. It only looks good running on the GamePad.

I have the same feeling about Fast Racing Neo. It has some advanced rendering techniques, yet is best suited to run on the gamepad. Not tv friendly.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

FAST Racing Neo, no contest.

Physically based rendering, (something almost nothing else on the system can boast) 60 frames per second, superb textures, lighting, and shadows, plus goodies like anisotropic filtering and ambient occlusion that a lot of Wii U games forego.

On a technological level, it has no equal on Wii U.

This would all be cool and all... But the sacrifices they had to make to use those graphics features make for one of the worst jaggies fest on the console.

Sometimes, it feels like all they do, they do for boasting sake. Yeah, they managed to use those effects all at once in a single game, but when the picture looks as pixelated as it those in FAST, one has to wonder if it was such a wise decision to go that way, and if it was THAT worth it (to me, nope). 

d21lewis said:
Xenoblade looks like a 2008 Xbox 360 game and that's being generous. Don't let the videos and screenshots you like they did me. It only looks good running on the GamePad.

Where do you get off saying these things? No, the 360 can't even begin to hope to render the detail, fps and view distance that Xeno X has.

The game looks that good on my TV aswell, so theres nothing wrong with it. Same for fast racing Neo. Unless you're gonna stop and zoom in on every texture every 5 minutes you play. Then for obvious reasons (memory) they can't be as good as a PS4 texture, but they dont need to be to make a beatiful and fun game.

Nem said:
d21lewis said:

Where do you get off saying these things? No, the 360 can't even begin to hope to render the detail, fps and view distance that Xeno X has.

The game looks that good on my TV aswell, so theres nothing wrong with it. Same for fast racing Neo. Unless you're gonna stop and zoom in on every texture every 5 minutes you play. Then for obvious reasons (memory) they can't be as good as a PS4 texture, but they dont need to be to make a beatiful and fun game.

I think he's talking about the actual graphics themselves (such as texture quality).

MK8. That is one heck of a beautiful game, with very little to no issues xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Nem said:
d21lewis said:

Just posting what I see. And I really wish I didn't see it like this.  Game is fun. I agreed playing at midnight last night. Got a couple of hours sleep and I'm right back on it. But it looks horrible. Would be average of even below average on a ps3 or 360. I'm not bashing. Nintendo is my favorite company but this game is ugly and I don't have to scrutinize it to see it.

I'm on a phone but when I get a chance, I'll post some pics of link some videos since, as they say, talk is cheap.

Show me a PS360 open world JRPG that looks better than Xenoblade X. I dare you people.

Anyway, Bayonetta 2 is the most visually impressive game on Wii U. Since the prologue o the end. It doesn't fade in any moment.

d21lewis said:
Nem said:

Just posting what I see. And I really wish I didn't see it like this.  Game is fun. I agreed playing at midnight last night. Got a couple of hours sleep and I'm right back on it. But it looks horrible. Would be average of even below average on a ps3 or 360. I'm not bashing. Nintendo is my favorite company but this game is ugly and I don't have to scrutinize it to see it.

I'm on a phone but when I get a chance, I'll post some pics of link some videos since, as they say, talk is cheap.

I didn't play Xenoblade X yet, but this is first time that I see someone say that game looks horrible and ugly, I also didn't saw that any reweivers say something similar.

Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles X from my experience.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Miyamotoo said:
d21lewis said:

I didn't play Xenoblade X yet, but this is first time that I see someone say that game looks horrible and ugly, I also didn't saw that any reweivers say something similar.

Don't say you haven't been warned....