By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When was the last time a game's graphics blew your mind?

EVerytime i play a cirrent gen game on my PC at ultra settings

Around the Network

Would say I was blown back but I was impressed a few times.

Phantom Pain - Blooded Snake with lighting
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Magic spells effect and dragon fire
Driveclub - Weather effects
The Last of Us: Remastered - Brownian motion in lighting
Bloodborne - Lighting and beast design detail

Blew my mind is a hard one. I've been impressed many times but blown my mind?

Hmmmm. The graphics of Metroid Prime really really impressed me. I got it soon after I got the GameCube.

Sonic Adventure. Going from PS1 to that was probably the biggest jump we've ever seen in home consoles.

Star Wars Battlefront... last week. I mean, those graphics are the most realistic out there. I think we're starting to see this generation's potential at last.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Nothing particularly recently. I've only been blown away a few times in my gaming life. First time I played Turtles on NES. First time I saw Street Fighter 2 on SNES, then Donkey Kong Country SNES. Then nothing til Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast, then Soul Calibur then Shenmue. Then probably GT3. Lastly, probably the first HD game I played - Oblivion.

I started playing Earthbound on the VC a few days a go and I was blown away. It's such a beautiful game, especially considering that it's from the SNES. Earthbound Beginnings was just as amazing, I didn't think the NES was capable of worlds like that.

RDR it looked so great and had such a great detail.
Also Alan wake, specially in the forest, the atmosphere was perfect.

ARK and before that Star Citizen. Back in 2011 it was probably Skyrim.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Metro 2033, and I played it at 900p medium settings without DX11 setting when it released. Still looked pretty amazing. Games today look great for console, but PC has been playing with these visuals since 2008. So I am not impressed much anymore. It doesn't help that the image quality is still not up to snuff, with a lot of games limited to FXAA and other post processing AA's that make the games look worse in my opinion.