By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When was the last time a game's graphics blew your mind?

hershel_layton said:
I get impressed by everything.

I used a PC with a maximum of 480p for 10 years. I cannot tell you how stunned I was when I used 4k on my PC for the first time ever.

It was truly remarkable. How technology advances is beautiful.

(grabs a tissue)

Now now, lets not get NSFW!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

World Driver Championship on N64.

NFL2K when the Dreamcast launched.

Ryse on Xbox One.

Netty said:
The Order 1886 - Sliding down the side of the blimp
Driveclub - Anything with rain
Just Cause 3 - Fields of flowers and insane explosions
GTA5 on PS3/360 - All of it. I still can't believe the level of detail they pulled off on such old hardware

I'm not sure of the trickery used by the PS3 version of the game but how they got the Data streaming set up on the X360 to pump data from the HDD and DVD together to make it look that good, like... when you consider the fact that it's 10 year old hardware, launching 1 year after Windows Vista was being Installed (and then uninstalled) from PC's with a now comically small 512mb of ram Shared between system and graphics power... I agree with you that those games are actually Stunning for how well it plays, when you look over the city from a distance how well it manages to give the impression that what is laid out before you is all actually there fully loaded in.

Rockstar Magic.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

FFVII CGI scenes mid 90s and I wish I was fucking kidding.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

LudicrousSpeed said:
World Driver Championship on N64.

NFL2K when the Dreamcast launched.

Ryse on Xbox One.

Wow at the level of detail in that game, just looked it up on youtube there

What I was expecting to see was something with fogging like Xtreme G, that sullied me from a lot of N64 racing games (non first party ones anyway, damn aklaim I think it was made it). I'll have to see if I can get my hands on... (or already own, this Racer and check it out, still have my N64 hooked up)

God damn fog... everywhere, it's basically just bouncing off the walls the best way you can til the races end... sad times.

Around the Network

Xenoblade X for me

Minecraft easily........ Uncharted 3 since I bought all three games around the same time and was pretty much shocked at the time.

NI no Kuni, it's so pretty.

God of War 3 and uncharted 2
After this two games there are no games that let my eyes melt

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Last one is Xenoblade on wiiu. Not a graphics in a pure sence, but the scope of the world and now beatiful it shows itself!