By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When was the last time a game's graphics blew your mind?

1998. Unreal. I enjoyed the visuals and graphics so much.

Around the Network

Bloodborne, before that Crysis with mods

garretslarrity said:
I honestly don't think I've ever been blown away by a game's graphics.

What he said.

Although, I did play Wind Waker HD recently and got goosebumps on my eyes. I also fell that when I saw 3D World's pseudo-overworld (but I liked that more as a design choice rather than visually ;P)

EDIT: He's a liar!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

garretslarrity said:
I honestly don't think I've ever been blown away by a game's graphics.

I lied.

Mario Kart 8.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

The Order 1886.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

The early ps4 exclusives like Killzone sf and infamous SS... All the way to Driveclud really blew my mind visually speaking... More recently, not sure, can't wait for uncharted 4!

It's happened a lot with the ps4.

Killzone shadow fall was an absolute wow moment.

Then battlefield 4 on maps like siege of shanghai and the campaign.

Then Resogun.

Then Infamous second son. That moment when they blow up the bridge at the start and you exit the tunnel from the smoke into the light. Wow.

Then metro redux.

Then gta 5 ps4.

Then driveclub. Wow racing games can look real?

Then the order 1886. WOW.

Then God or war 3 remastered.

Then the uncharted collection. I must have forgotten how good it looked.

And recently just when I was thinking dice pushed the ps4 with battlefield I was blown out of the water countless times by it.

I'm honestly not exaggerating. I've been blown away so many times and the next one will be uncharted 4.

naruball said:

Although I have a ps4 and had the chance to play Infamous: SS and Bloodborne, I can honestly say that this game was the last one that managed to blow my mind.

Does it run well on ps4? I might get it next year if its cheap in a sale. 

The last time would be Final Fantasy 15, specifically when summoning.
Before that, DriveClub's weather effects.
...and before that, Killzone Shadowfall's mostly dull campaign had a few moments where I had to stop what I was doing and gape.
...and even before that, I remember wishing I could record gameplay on my PS3 whilst traveling through the gorgeous desert in Beyond.
....and before that, Child of Eden had some glorious visuals, at least in my opinion.

I get impressed by everything.

I used a PC with a maximum of 480p for 10 years. I cannot tell you how stunned I was when I used 4k on my PC for the first time ever.

It was truly remarkable. How technology advances is beautiful.

(grabs a tissue)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.