By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White House: Donald Trump's proposal to ban Muslims "disqualifies"* him

Should Trump have a consequence for his actions?

Yes, no one should propos... 261 56.62%

No, we should ban all Mus... 126 27.33%

other 74 16.05%

Total:461

If this dude gets in, America...no, no... the ENTIRE WORLD is in danger.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

If we're using Australia as an example, the likes of Pauline Hanson, Andrew Bolt, Tony Abbott, etc show that the latter is certainly not true.

Except all these people are criticised for that. Also, didn't we refuse entry to a Danish member of parliament for his views on migration? And yet, people who hate the western culture like the Grand Mufti are allowed to stay.

The Mufti was also widely criticised. And yet he clarified his statement by stating for the record that the attacks cannot be justified: 

"It is incorrect to imply that the reference to causative factors provides justification for these acts of terrorism. There is no justification for the taking of innocent lives"

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/paris-attacks-grand-mufti-of-australia-dr-ibrahim-abu-mohammed-issues-clarifying-statement-condemning-terrorism-20151118-gl1r36.html#ixzz3tmT7EcJM 

Teenagers will be teenagers.

'Muslim boys are ‘just being teenagers’ when they plot terror acts, Islam conference told'

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/muslim-boys-are-just-being-teenagers-when-they-plot-terror-acts-islam-conference-told/story-fni0cx12-1227630335037

Now usually I don't care about these events but coming across this article I was slightly concerned as it excuses the behaviour that leads to these acts. While people are coming up with excuses like this, Trumps idea has merit and keep expecting the general publics distrust to grow further.

20pdemau said:
He said for the moment not for ever , until the problems with EI stop, it actually has some logic, since most of the terrorsit attacks that have happened this yeear were caused by imigrants, and all those imigrnts were muslims, we shouuld actually do somehing like that but not as extreme,

He still has my vote though(even though im nit americna)

He also wants to "close that internet up in some ways":

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/7/9869308/donald-trump-close-up-the-internet-bill-gates

Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

If we're using Australia as an example, the likes of Pauline Hanson, Andrew Bolt, Tony Abbott, etc show that the latter is certainly not true.

Except all these people are criticised for that. Also, didn't we refuse entry to a Danish member of parliament for his views on migration? And yet, people who hate the western culture like the Grand Mufti are allowed to stay.

The Mufti was also criticised, maybe not as much as you would like :p 

Around the Network
Conina said:
20pdemau said:
He said for the moment not for ever , until the problems with EI stop, it actually has some logic, since most of the terrorsit attacks that have happened this yeear were caused by imigrants, and all those imigrnts were muslims, we shouuld actually do somehing like that but not as extreme,

He still has my vote though(even though im nit americna)

He also wants to "close that internet up in some ways":

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/7/9869308/donald-trump-close-up-the-internet-bill-gates

2 much internet is bad for u.

Sadly people like trump (and in Australia people like Abbott, Hanson and bolt) can't see the Irony in their hate mongering racist and xenophobic views. The type of extremist hate mongers they are so much against is exactly what they exhibit themselves and then wonder why people from other cultures react in a similar fashion. It is an indictment on that human race in general that these people exist in all countries and all cultures.

Rab said:
Lawlight said:

The Mufti was also criticised, maybe not as much as you would like :p 

Last I checked thhe Grand Mufti wasn't labelled a racist and has his visa revoked. Those "criticisms" where very, very tame.

Also, last I checked you can't have a white political party. You can have a Muslim one apparently. Ditto for student unions and such.

Lawlight said:

Also, last I checked you can't have a white political party. You can have a Muslim one apparently. Ditto for student unions and such.

Like 95% of the politicians in the major parties are white. I think its fair to say we're well represented.

Actually it does. The Constitution prohibits discrimination based on religion. Its really that basic.