By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White House: Donald Trump's proposal to ban Muslims "disqualifies"* him

Should Trump have a consequence for his actions?

Yes, no one should propos... 261 56.62%

No, we should ban all Mus... 126 27.33%

other 74 16.05%

Total:461
Lawlight said:

Last I checked thhe Grand Mufti wasn't labelled a racist and has his visa revoked. Those "criticisms" where very, very tame.

Also, last I checked you can't have a white political party. You can have a Muslim one apparently. Ditto for student unions and such.

maybe you better check again then. Australia first is effectively white political party. their views are as disgusting as the Mufti's but you don't fix that problem by outlawing them. Rise up Australia is a similiarly concerning party as are most of the religious christian based parties, makes me ashamed to be Australian that these groups exist here but really we are no better than most other western countries in this regard.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Actually it does. The Constitution prohibits discrimination based on religion. Its really that basic.

Actually it does not. If everyone voted for him, he'd be in. It's really that basic.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

spurgeonryan said:
I'm voting for him.

Me too.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Lawlight said:
Rab said:

The Mufti was also criticised, maybe not as much as you would like :p 

Last I checked thhe Grand Mufti wasn't labelled a racist and has his visa revoked. Those "criticisms" where very, very tame.

Also, last I checked you can't have a white political party. You can have a Muslim one apparently. Ditto for student unions and such.

Last time I checked none of those others listed (Pauline Hanson, Andrew Bolt, Tony Abbott, Alan Jones) had their citizenship revoked either, very tame indeed :P

Not sure Trump's proposal is any better or worse than someone like Lindsey Graham who wants to carpet bomb Syria and actually kill thousands upon thousands of people who are no threat to the USA whatsoever. Yet Graham has not received anythiing like the kind of public and media backlash. Yet his proposal is infinitely more barbaric.

I think Trump is a populist douche who is appealing to some of the worst segments and sentiments of society, but the level of criticism coming from some quarters smacks of hypocrisy. Somehow because discriminating against people based on religion is unconstitutional it makes it worse than bombing people because that is allowed in the constitution. In both cases innocent people are caught up in a conflict not of their making, only on the one hand their travel is restricted, on the other hand they're dead, or family members are dead, or they are missing body parts. In neither situation are the American people made any safer.

In my mind Trump was never qualified to be president, this latest rant from him merely confirms his lack of qualification to be the one who holds the keys to the nukes.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Well, the Grand Mufti of Australia blamed the Western world for the attacks in Paris and he wasn't arrested. Minorities are the only ones allowed to speak freely.

But was he actually wrong? I partly blame the Western world for the attacks in Paris, all the way back to the end of World War 1, the Western World has made various screw ups in its handling of the lands of the Middle East which progressively lead to greater levels of animosity towards Western powers AND conditions ripe for the formation of extremist groups. It does take two to tango, and the West has been tangoing plenty when it comes to the people of the middle east.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Not sure Trump's proposal is any better or worse than someone like Lindsey Graham who wants to carpet bomb Syria and actually kill thousands upon thousands of people who are no threat to the USA whatsoever. Yet Graham has not received anythiing like the kind of public and media backlash. Yet his proposal is infinitely more barbaric.

I think Trump is a populist douche who is appealing to some of the worst segments and sentiments of society, but the level of criticism coming from some quarters smacks of hypocrisy. Somehow because discriminating against people based on religion is unconstitutional it makes it worse than bombing people because that is allowed in the constitution. In both cases innocent people are caught up in a conflict not of their making, only on the one hand their travel is restricted, on the other hand they're dead, or family members are dead, or they are missing body parts. In neither situation are the American people made any safer.

In my mind Trump was never qualified to be president, this latest rant from him merely confirms his lack of qualification to be the one who holds the keys to the nukes.

He is clearly pandering to a less-educated voter base and has no actual compehension of govermental mechanics, as evidenced by his lofty proposals that lack any reasonability (Mexico's wall, anyone?). His xenophobic rhetoric also exposes a fundamental lack of comprehension of the constitution, because the regulations against discrmination are explicitly and repeatedly enumerated. His "own" party, alongside the White House, disavowed itself of his statements today. Along with "Make America Great Again" and two absurd immigration proposals, what substantive plan has he proposed?

curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:

Like 95% of the politicians in the major parties are white. I think its fair to say we're well represented.

So? Does that mean that the majority shouldn't be allowed the same rights?

Insidb said:
binary solo said:

He is clearly pandering to a less-educated voter base and has no actual compehension of govermental mechanics, as evidenced by his lofty proposals that lack any reasonability (Mexico's wall, anyone?). His xenophobic rhetoric also exposes a fundamental lack of comprehension of the constitution, because the regulations against discrmination are explicitly and repeatedly enumerated. His "own" party, alongside the White House, disavowed itself of his statements today. Along with "Make America Great Again" and two absurd immigration proposals, what substantive plan has he proposed?

I'm sorry, but I am not stupid.  Thank you very much for your kind comment.

Please tell me didnt actually say that