By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White House: Donald Trump's proposal to ban Muslims "disqualifies"* him

Should Trump have a consequence for his actions?

Yes, no one should propos... 261 56.62%

No, we should ban all Mus... 126 27.33%

other 74 16.05%

Total:461
nanarchy said:
DonFerrari said:

Muslim comminity need to Start refusing sharia law and dennounce the terrorists and extremists they know. But sharia have a great support, but we are worried about constitutional rights of no citizen and offended by the possibility of christian laws because of secularity but accept or don't fight agaisnt sharia because it's "their costumes". The government is secular not atheist. I myself am atheist

yes it does and more than 99% of it already does reject Sharia Law. The west also needs to stop creating reasons for these people to prefer Sharia law, bombing hospitals, killing civilians and making people feel excluded and isolated is not a way to do that.

Are you sure? In it's totality or just some points? Saw some videos from muslim considerated moderate and they were very pro sharia, woman inferiority and whatnot. And another with a neighborhood on London with several "sharia controlled area".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Wow, no flaming or insults throughout all the posts. Nice discussion people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

DonFerrari said:
nanarchy said:

yes it does and more than 99% of it already does reject Sharia Law. The west also needs to stop creating reasons for these people to prefer Sharia law, bombing hospitals, killing civilians and making people feel excluded and isolated is not a way to do that.

Are you sure? In it's totality or just some points? Saw some videos from muslim considerated moderate and they were very pro sharia, woman inferiority and whatnot. And another with a neighborhood on London with several "sharia controlled area".

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. I work with several Islamic umbrella bodies and the government on these matters. You have no idea what sharia law is or what makes a moderate or conservative Muslim other than what the misinformed media teaches you. 

Sharia law dictates Muslim to respect the law of the land. That overrules most things, unless the rules of the land oppress innocent, kill innocent etc. Even then sharia dictates you must look for diplomatic solutions, aim to create treaties and find peaceful solutions. In other words, not only is Sharia law compatible with pretty much any country in the world, but it is also the only law in any faith that categorically addresses the laws of the land, and how to address any issues in a peaceful manner. So are you saying that Muslims should not follow the law of the land? 

The amount of miseducation around what Sharia law means is one of the biggest problems at present as people who know squat don't even realise they are spreading nonsense and creating fear amongst communities. It's beyond logic and understanding to think that people who have studied Sharia law for 50+ years are more likely to be dismissed than some journalist,  politicians, racists and others who can't even tell the difference between Muslims and Khawarij.

ohmylanta1003 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Trump should be punished for what he said. A hefty fine or a few days in prison might solve his big mouth.

That's not how freedom of speech works.

Yes it is. Your freedom ends where someone else's begins. Trump's speeches are dangerous to a certain group of the population and by doing so, he endagers their freedoms. So he must shut up.

Okay. Well...you're wrong.

I don't think so.

WolfpackN64 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Okay. Well...you're wrong.

I don't think so.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants as long as it's not a threat on someone's life. He didn't say "I want to kill all Muslims". He said something along the lines of "we shouldn't let anymore Muslims into the country". How the actual flying fuck is he not allowed to say that? 

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I don't think so.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants as long as it's not a threat on someone's life. He didn't say "I want to kill all Muslims". He said something along the lines of "we shouldn't let anymore Muslims into the country". How the actual flying fuck is he not allowed to say that? 

Technically, if what he says is determined to be slanderous, libelous, or treasonous, he has violated his 1st Amendment Rights protections.

ohmylanta1003 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I don't think so.

He might not have made a direct threat, but you know this fearmongering has an effect on verious groups of people. What he says is dangerous, maybe not directly, but that doesn't make his actions any less excusable.

Targeting minorities always had a negative effect on society and THAT's why he should shut up.

spurgeonryan said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Me too.

Bro five!!!

Can I get a bro fist?

I would like to inject some information to create a meaningful discussion into this thread.

What is your view on the recent events of France closing down three mosques, kicking down the doors of 2,235 homes, taking 232 people into custody, finding over 300 weapons, and finding terrorist propaganda videos?

I would then like to see how your view of these actions compare to what Donald Trump said.

spurgeonryan said:
Jimbo1337 said:

Can I get a bro fist?

Yes...ummm....maybe...who are you voting for?

Trump of course