By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

Looks like I have to wait further.

Around the Network

If this is true then R.I.P. Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I'm just curious to know what this means exactly. Are they breaking up the core story into episodes? Or will they be telling multiple stories in the same universe?  AlphaOmegaSin said there's a reason for it, and that he'll be doing a video shortly.  So, gonna wait til I hear more.

walsufnir said:
Kotastic said:

LOL WHY

I honestly should've expected this when Microsoft probably paid them a lot of money to make Rise Of The Tomb Raider a timed exclusive.

Be careful with what you wish, if by any chance turns out to be what everyone is thinking,

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

So would you be happy if they added through the game that certain dialogue selections could actually lead to Aeris surviving?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Not really surprised.

We heard for years that the remake would take them far too long to develop when you consider modern videogame development compared to development of 20 years ago. 3 discs, 3 parts to the story. Means they can get something out for 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary and continue to bring out new parts of the saga almost annually.

If they fit the entirety of Disc 1 into one episode, I will be really impressed. For people who have never played the game too, the ending to Disc 1 will be something absolutely fucking huge for them to be left with in anticipation for Disc 2.

Has Square ever actually SAID the words "episodic"? From what I've been able to tell, the entire internet took some words from Square Enix about the gaming having multiple parts and took them completely out of context.

I mean, “each will have a different perspective,” “each will be equal to a full sized game with a unique story,” this just sounds like they are making Final Fantasy 7, 7-2, 7-3. Sounds about as episodic as the original Mass Effect trilogy, which WAS a single story divided into parts. This at least promises a completely different story and perspective for each game.

Bleh.. I will buy FFVII only if it gets a physical release with all the content if that's the case.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Why is everyone assuming it will fill three releases, 2 is an option no?