By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Rise of the Tomb Raider's sales could imply

After I finished playing the reboot game I was so excited to see if a sequel was possible so I searched and was surprised to know that it was a xbox exclusive. I was and still are effing mad for that decision so I started looking for games similar to TR2013 and found about Uncharted, now I'm way more excited for U4 than the new TR and will probably loose the little hype I got for that game by the time it finally releases on ps4.

TBH the only way I'd consider buying RotTR is if it includes all the DLC and is $20.

Around the Network

I own both consoles but will wait till it comes out on ps4. I buy sony first and I don't like the money hatting. I have too many games to play right now anyways.

The only mistake was not holding back 2wks before Christmas or January 3rd or 4th after New Years

tiff3110 said:
After I finished playing the reboot game I was so excited to see if a sequel was possible so I searched and was surprised to know that it was a xbox exclusive. I was and still are effing mad for that decision so I started looking for games similar to TR2013 and found about Uncharted, now I'm way more excited for U4 than the new TR and will probably loose the little hype I got for that game by the time it finally releases on ps4.

TBH the only way I'd consider buying RotTR is if it includes all the DLC and is $20.

Its already $40 so you might just get your wish. 

It's not $40 everywhere.

Around the Network
alabtrosMyster said:

I wonder who won in this deal? Does square have some sales preditction and ms compensate them for the "loss" ? What does it say of the xbox gamers who are the only ones who can play the game and they skip it? Only COD deals work on this platform? What will happen of scalebound (i am personally not interested, but it does gather some good amount of hype)

I don't think there are any winners.

MS loses as they paid for temporary exclusivity that didn't pay off (in no small way due to mismanagement of the release against ludicrous competition in the release window)

SE loses, as it's extremely unlikely that MS paid more than their original estimates for lost sales. Nobody could have foreseen the title selling THIS badly.

CD loses, as the title they worked hard on got basically buried before it even had a chance. In many cases there are bonuses to the dev house when a title sells well, and there is no chance of that now.

etc.

i will buy it on ps4 next year. annoyed by the wait but love the first one too much to stay mad.

CosmicSex said:
tiff3110 said:

Its already $40 so you might just get your wish. 

Well I guess 2017 it is then if I don't have any games to buy at the time or when it's free for plus members, whatever comes first.

The game will have less lustre when it releases later on PS4.  Overall I think they've reduced their lifetime sales potential significantly.  ROTR handling is among the stupidest events in gaming, up there with Shinji Hashimoto's troll announcement of FFVII PC port for PS4 last year.

My 8th gen collection

Tomb Raider won't flop on PS4.

I for sure will buy it.