By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2007 was the best xbox line up ever.

Never played PGR4 and the first ME was OK at best, but BioShock and Halo 3 are indeed awesome games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Another true 360 exclusive from 2007 that is pretty good was Beautiful Katamari.

Andthereitis.gif seriously we need to do a list of the best games xbox had in 2007. It would rival the best year of any console ever by the sounds of it.  

brute said:
2007 was the best year ever in gaming, Wii 360 and PC all had massive games that year, I feel PS3 is the only one that didnt have a good year. 
Oh and by the way Forza 2 launched in 2007 with a metacritic of 90 ;)

The ps3 didn't have as good a year but in europe where I was at the time,  it was the first year of the console.  Good games I got were: 

Motorstorm, 

Resistance: fall of Man 

Ratchet and clank: tools of destruction 

Uncharted: drakes fortune.  

So 4 good exclusives but not a patch on that xbox 2007 line up.  

My big game overall in 2007 was cod4. Only played the campaign that year but loved it to bits.  

However in 2008 I played the multiplayer and my God was it my favourite FPS shooter of all time! 

Angelv577 said:
What about the orange box? I think it was timed exclusives.

That wasn't timed exclusive. That was when Gabe was in his "PS3 sux" because it's "difficult to code for" feelings and put the game in EAs, who took a little longer getting the game finished than Valve.

Did Lost Odyssey release somewhere overseas in 07? I have a February 08 release date.

TheSting said:
Did Lost Odyssey release somewhere overseas in 07? I have a February 08 release date.

Japan.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Chris Hu said:
Another true 360 exclusive from 2007 that is pretty good was Beautiful Katamari.

Andthereitis.gif seriously we need to do a list of the best games xbox had in 2007. It would rival the best year of any console ever by the sounds of it.  

brute said:
2007 was the best year ever in gaming, Wii 360 and PC all had massive games that year, I feel PS3 is the only one that didnt have a good year. 

The ps3 didn't have as good a year but in europe where I was at the time,  it was the first year of the console.  Good games I got were: 

Motorstorm, 

My big game overall in 2007 was cod4. Only played the campaign that year but loved it to bits.  

However in 2008 I played the multiplayer and my God was it my favourite FPS shooter of all time! 

2007 was pretty weak for the PS3 especially since most games still lacked throphy support and pretty much all third party games still ran better on the 360 not to mention they all had achievements.  Since all third party games pretty much alway share the same achievements and throphies pretty much all the early 3rd party multiplatform PS3 games should have gotten throphy patches but none did and the only major 3rd party that didn't have any and got some later was MGS4.

TheSting said:
Chris Hu said:

Well I haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider yet but since I liked the one from 2012 I'm pretty sure that I will like it better then Bioshock, Mass Effect and Halo 3.  But I doubt I will like it better then FM6 that game keeps on getting better most of the DLC cars have been golden so far plus I'm sure there will be at least a couple of DLC tracks.  

I just bought FM6

Got the Ultimate Edition so I have been playing it since September the 10th.  Pretty much unlocked all the achievement for it and finished the all the races in the career mode but still play it on a regular basis.  Put in over 140 hours drive time already and depending what else shows up as DLC I will probably easily play it as much as FM4 which I played for over 300 hours.

TheSting said:

The release date for it in Japan was December 6, 2007 so its really a late 2007 game.

BMaker11 said:
Angelv577 said:
What about the orange box? I think it was timed exclusives.

That wasn't timed exclusive. That was when Gabe was in his "PS3 sux" because it's "difficult to code for" feelings and put the game in EAs, who took a little longer getting the game finished than Valve.

yeah I remember now.  it felt like it based exactly on what you said but I wasn't sure.

Chris Hu said:
OneKartVita said:
Chris Hu said:

brute said:

Motorstorm, 

2007 was pretty weak for the PS3 especially since most games still lacked throphy support and pretty much all third party games still ran better on the 360 not to mention they all had achievements.  Since all third party games pretty much alway share the same achievements and throphies pretty much all the early 3rd party multiplatform PS3 games should have gotten throphy patches but none did and the only major 3rd party that didn't have any and got some later was MGS4.

For me personally it was a great year.  And xbox was coming into its 3Rd year so naturally it was going to be better.  

But as I said some solid games for my first year on the ps3.